Dimension Code Mandatory Error even though dimensions set?

DatapacDatapac Member Posts: 97
Hi,
I've come across an intermittent problem at a Customer site (4.0 SP2).
Global Dim 2 is BRAND and is set as Code Mandatory on Item HIR01 (Default Dimension).

They're getting the following error message when trying to post a Sales Invoice:

"Select a Dimension Value Code for the Dimension Code BRAND for Item HIR01"

I've checked the Sales Line and the Shortcut Dimension 2 is set correctly and the Document Dimension is set correctly.

I've checked all modifications on site and can't see any issues. This doesn't always occur when trying to post a Sales Invoice for this Item. ](*,)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• subavsubav Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Check for Line Menu Button -> Dimensions in the form.

As you said check again for Default Dimensions for the Item.

Only these cases can come....Try it out.

Rgds,
    subav
  • DatapacDatapac Member Posts: 97
    Hi,
    I've checked that, it displays the dimensions correctly (as I said in the original post, the Document dimensions are correct).

I'm trying to debug at the moment but the issue seems to be in Codeunits 21 & 408. The Item is Lot controlled and the problem is occurring when the Get Shipment Lines function is used to create the Sales Invoice lines.
    If I create an Invoice and enter the same line manually, it posts correctly! :?

I have a feeling it might be a bug around either Lot Tracking or the Get Shipment line function?

Any other ideas anyone?
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    This errors occurs when the posted Shipment Document's Dimension differs from the one you are trying to post in the Invoice.

Possible causes:
    1. Someone changed the Item Card Dimension after the Shipment was posted.
    2. "Same Code" not set previously on Dimension but now is set as such
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • DatapacDatapac Member Posts: 97
    Not the case here unfortunately :(

1. The Shipment has the same default dimensions.
    2. "Same Code" is definitely not set on the Item, as stated previously, it's set to "Code Mandatory".
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi

If you are positive the item and lines and all associated posted transactions are correct then at an appropriate point in time (when no one else is processing the item :D ) remove the code mandatory setting, then invoice the order and reset the setting, you may then want to check the lines of the posted invoice to ensure the dimension is set correctly.

I have seen this a couple of times usually early in live scenarios when lots of things are being changed, you will find the item is on other transactions and all work fine, it is just this one. If it is more frequent you will need to investigate this further.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • KatriMKatriM Member Posts: 10
    Hi All!

I have faced the same problem, but I have it only on orders that have item(charge) assigned to them.

Item had value posting 'sama code'. If I leave value posting empty, order posts correctly.

Seems like it wants the item charge lines also to have dimensions when using value posting 'same code'??

Can anyone explaine this behaviour to me?
  • ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    KatriM wrote:
    Seems like it wants the item charge lines also to have dimensions when using value posting 'same code'??
    Can anyone explaine this behaviour to me?
    you're right.if you want to assign the item charge to the different items which have different dimension values for same dimension code with "same code" value option, you will face this problem.. while posting item charge, the system checks dimension code for every assignment line, but it is impossible to assign different dimension values of same dimension code on the item charge assignment form.. the workaround is to enter item charge line per every different dimension value .. or you can make some piece of code in the codeunit 22 and force the system to get the dimension of related ledger entry on the fly and use this dimension value.