flowfield contents not visible in subform

NamnackNamnack Member Posts: 15
Hello,

When using the flowfield "no. of industry groups" in the subform contactsurvey (F5052), it does not present me the nr. of groups the contact is made member of. In stead it will present a zero in all cases.

Do I need to calcfield this value, and if so, in which trigger does this calcfield needs to be placed?

Is it simply impossible and do i need to make a returnvalue function in the sourcetable?

thx in advance.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    If a flowfield is on the form, it is calculated automatically (but not as part of some calculation). Otherwise you need to put a CALCFIELDS("The FlowField"); in the "OnAfterGetCurrentRecord" (for card-forms) or "OnAfterGetRecord" (for list-forms).

PS: Are you sure the formula of the flowfield is correct?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• NamnackNamnack Member Posts: 15
    HI,

thx for your reply.

I realise that the field is automatically calculated, and there is no problem with this field in a regular 'headerform' or cardform as you called it. It just doesn't show its content in a listform as it would appear.

This field is a standard navisionfield btw and the listcard (5052) is the standard contact listcard. Nothing exotic here :)
    I just checked that form and added the field to try and most of the records have 0, but some of them have a value. So it works.
    If you see a record where you know there should be a value <> 0, hit the drop down to check if there are records under it and to see if the filter is correct.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• NamnackNamnack Member Posts: 15
    I take it that you programmed that drilldown?

When i add this field to the form, i have to first program the drilldown and add code to set the right filter. This is also a difference compared to adding this field to a regular 'headerform'.

The drilldown works fine btw after i set the parameters, the lookup form shows the correct lines but the amount of lines is still not presented in the original 'listform'.
    I didn't program it. I just took the form and put the field on it.
    The fact that you needed to do something more, lets me think that the formula has been changed and maybe also that in the table "Contact Industry Group", the property DrillDownFormID has been changed.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion