Debugger in LS Retail - Regarding

gdkve9gdkve9 Member Posts: 161
Hi dear forum mates..

I am having a problem while debugging in LS Retail. The same debugger is working very fine with Navision but when it comes to LS Retail, the loop goes on at some trigger but actual process doesnt happen. I am unable to get the actual cause for this. If anyone could suggest on this, I would be very thankful.

Regards in advance.
Dilip
Falling down is not a defeat..defeat is when you refuse to get up.

Comments

• MauddibMauddib Member Posts: 269
    I have seen this. LS Retail used a lot of OCX and Automatiion etc. If an error ocurs in one of these the debugger can continue on regardless even though nothing is happening.

Usually however each time you go forward a line the debugger says "break on error" over and over again.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    the e-pos main form has a timer that gets triggered every second.

I would put breakpoint and stop on breakpoints only.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • fidelfidel Member Posts: 14
    There is nothing you can do with debugger even with specific breakpoints because on F8 you start loop again on form timer.
    The only solution that helped me is using code coverage and scaning the code proceesed there. If you want to check values use the errorbeep. Only this stops the execution of the timer.
    :wink:
  • gdkve9gdkve9 Member Posts: 161
    @ Mr.fidel..

Fine that what you have expressed is the same that I am facing. But my problem is not just to test any values but to know the process of how completly the discounts are calculated because I have to carry out some part of customization on discounts assigned. So for this, I hope code coverage maynot guide me complete. so, just wanted to know any other ways to completly watch the code that runs at the time of assigning the discounts.

@ Mr.Rashed (ara3n)

Other than putting the breakpoint and stopping at breakpoints, If you could suggest me some other way I will be very thankful. This is because, in my opinion we could use breakpoints if we know where to exactly break the process and look in to the code, but it maynot help in complete if we need to watch the entire code behind some particular functionality like "assinging the discounts" process which is a corcern now for me.

Eagerly waiting for the replies from your great thoughts..
    Dilip
    put a break point on the following fumction

RunCommand(MenuLine : Record "POS Menu Line") : Boolean

all of the code goes through that function. you need to trace the code afterwards.

you need to learn/study the code before even starting the modification.

as about discounts, there are two commands that you can look at
    'DISCAM' Discount amount, 'DISCPR' = Discount %
    'TOTDISCAM' = Total discount amount, TOTDISCPR = Total discount %

search for those and set reakpoints there.

what kind of discount mod are you working?

ls retail has a thing called Offers, have looked at that?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

@ Mr.Rashed (ara3n)..

Thankq very much.To some extent I could run the debugger by putting breakpoints at different places. Yet again after running for some time, the OnTimer gets triggered and from there on the loop starts. Anyways I could able to manage this. Now my concern regarding the discounts is this..

I am unable to analyse why exactly the following statement is used in the "TotalPressed" function @ EPOS main form :
    PosFunc.RecalcSlip(Rec);

And also if you could suggest me the effects on commenting the above mentioned line I will be very thankful bcoz by doing this now I am able to solve the purpose in the work that I am assigned but I am not aware about the effects on commenting this. Hope I could get your suggestions on this with your greater thoughts.

Regards in Adavance..
    Dilip
    I don't think you should comment it. Add your code at the end of the function to call your function .
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

Exactly Mr.Rashed (ara3n) I even agree that the statement mentioned should not be commented. But my purpose is solved here by commenting the statement that is used in the "TotalPressed" function @ EPOS main form :

PosFunc.RecalcSlip(Rec);

Now I am unable to still analyse why the above mentioned function is used in the Form :EPOS main form in "TotalPressed" function. If anyone could go through the function and suggest me that "why that particular function is used there?".....I will be more thankful.
    Dilip