Security roles, Permissions

AkilaAkila Member Posts: 19
Hi,
I have one doubt in security. In security roles, it contains permission. One of the Permission is Execute. Execute permission has three options as Yes,Indirect,Empty. Other than table data, i can change the option of execute. i don't know why it is? Plase explain about execute permission and its option.

Thanks in Advance.........
Dream is not the thing, what you see in the sleep. Dream is the thing, which does not let you sleep.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Execute permission serves to give permission to execute the object.
    "Tabledata" is NOT an object but it is the data in the object "Table". So you execute code of the table but not the data in the table.
    In short : Table,Form,Report,Dataport,Codeunit,Menusuite,XMLPort : you need to give users execute permission, because these are objects. They don't need to read/insert/modify/delete the objects.

Users need also to read/insert/modify/delete the records in the tables (this is tabledata).

Empty=no permission
    Yes=permission
    Indirect=(for tabledata only) you have permission if some objects has in its properties the permision to RIMD data in the table. E.g. User can post invoices. The posting codeunit has also permission to write in table 17 G/L entry. But the user cannot directly change the table. To be able to post something, the user needs indirect permission in table 17.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• AkilaAkila Member Posts: 19
    Thank you very much kriki :)
    Dream is not the thing, what you see in the sleep. Dream is the thing, which does not let you sleep.