Options

Navision Employee Portal

chrisdfchrisdf Member Posts: 82
edited 2009-03-04 in Navision e-Commerce
I am looking at the NEP for the first time using a NAV training PDF. To save me a lot of experimentation, could anybody point me at any other sources of training information.

For example, if I use some of the standard web parts, I can create a customer list. But how do I restrict that list so that the salesperson logging in can only see his cleints?

In other words, with the correct knowledge, can NEP be usefully used with a degree of control or am I better off using an RDC connection and using NAV menu control and C/SIDE (license cost not withstanding) to achieve the level of control I desire.

Any help from user experiences would be appreciated (or a point at an existing thread)

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    rramalhorramalho Member Posts: 4
    Hi, i trie to use the Employee Portal and i have the same problem, restrict the information to the web parts is not possible, needs some development in Navision.

You need associate the user profile to an Entity (Client, Employee, Vendor, etc.) and configurate this entity with the associated user profile.

Thanks
    Rui Ramalho
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,089
    [Topic moved from Navision forum to Navision e-Commerce forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    MindieMindie Member Posts: 124
    How much of a development effort would it be to show filtered results based on the person logged in?

My client wants the salespersons to just view customer cards, sales orders, and posted invoices that are assigned to them.

Would that be more than a day or two of programming? Are they any big "gotcha's"?
  • Options
    aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
    chrisdf wrote:
    I am looking at the NEP for the first time using a NAV training PDF. To save me a lot of experimentation, could anybody point me at any other sources of training information.

For example, if I use some of the standard web parts, I can create a customer list. But how do I restrict that list so that the salesperson logging in can only see his cleints?

In other words, with the correct knowledge, can NEP be usefully used with a degree of control or am I better off using an RDC connection and using NAV menu control and C/SIDE (license cost not withstanding) to achieve the level of control I desire.

Any help from user experiences would be appreciated (or a point at an existing thread)

Thanks.

I am on domain,but logging in using admin ID.
    I am facing problem in installing EP.
    Can u help me out??
    Kindly guide me thru the steps of installation.
    Thanx in advance.
  • Options
    Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hi, all

Can you please tell me whether we can do code/Programming for any Employee Portal page?

If yes then please tell me how.

Thanks in Advance.
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hello all,

I got it how to do all.
    My query has been solved.

Thanks.
    Ravi_Thakkar