Multilanguage shortcuts

MatStephensSandAMatStephensSandA Member Posts: 74
First appologies becasue I am sure has been asked before but i cant find it in the forum.

How do you get a shortcut to open in a specific language????

I know it can be done via specifying alternate zup files however you still need to open Nav in the native language initaly, then change the language to the desired one.

Can it be specified in the shortcut??? Below is what i currently have in my shortcut properties.

"C:\Program Files\Navision Financials TURK\Client\fin.exe" servername=192.168.10.12,company=S&A Turkey,objectcache=20000,nettype=tcp,ntauthentication=1,id=LiveTURK

THanks in advance
Matty
M@
I have seen the future and it's egg shaped.

Answers

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    You need to make a different zup per language and a different shortcut for each language in which you change ID=".....zup".
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• MatStephensSandAMatStephensSandA Member Posts: 74
    Hi and thanks for the reply. Im sorry i wasnt clear enough but let me try again.

I know the zup file can be used to remember previous settings but I'm trying to make my shortcut prempt the zup. I want to open the Navision client in Turkish 1st time. The same way as i specify which company to open or which server to point to, or weather to use ntauthenticateion etc

So, im trying to create one generic icon so any of the current or future turkish factory workers can open Navision in a native language. If it opens in English 1st then he isnt going to know how to change the language to Turkish becasue the DB opens in ENG not TRK

I know the session can be opened then the language altered then the zup saved but other than me manually providing each user with a zup file pre logon how do I get a non english speaking person to see the language i want??

Please help its driving me mad.
    M@
    I have seen the future and it's egg shaped.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Other idea:
    You can add some setup to the userlogon that defines his language-code to use.
    With this you go to the language table and in it, you can define the Windows Language ID.
    Do a GLOBALLANGUAGE(recLanguage."Windows Language Name");
    This will change the language of Navision into the language of the user.
    You can put this code in function "LogInStart()" of codeunit 1, AFTER the standard Navision global language seting in it.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!