Problem: Stock Transfer between responsibility Centers

DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
Dear All,

I am stuck at a place wherein my client wants to transfer excisable stock to his other units located at another state. The units are being handled through responsibility centers.

The problem is that I cant use transfer orders because the system never shows the locations of another responsibility center.

Please suggest a solution how to do it.
Regards,

Deep
India

Comments

• flfl Member Posts: 184
    A responsibility center is not mentioned to keep any stock. A responsibililty center is for organizing different sales/purchase office belonging to the same company.

However, you can connect stock to a location. Transfer orders are standerd build to interchange stock between locations. And yes, you can connect a location to a responsibility center. By this you can transfer stock between "responsability centers", but keep in mind that the stock is allways kept on location and NEVER on responsibility center. :wink:
    Francois
    Consultant-Developper

http://www.CreaChain.com
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Thanks Francois.

Kindly help me out over one more issue.
    My client has six production units at six different excisable locations. He is having different chart of accounts and accounting for P&L & Balance sheet individually at all locations.
    The previous consultants had separated the database on the basis of responsibility centers only. Now I fear how can the client be able to take separate P & L and Balance sheet on the basis of Responsibility centers only. The client even does interunit transactions between all of its units and keeps accounts of its different units.

I think this was to be handled by intercompany in NAV. Kindly guide me if it is possible to do transactions between responsibility centers.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • flfl Member Posts: 184
    Hi Deep,

For sure, it can not being handled by responsibility center alone.

I just think of an intercompany add-on, which was created before Navision had his own intercompany functionality. This add-on uses a basic dimension to handle even multicompany functionality. If you use a resp. center and a unique dimension for a resp. center then you can find back purchases and sales in the g/l based on resp. center (read basic dimension, so dim 1 or dim 2).

By a item reclassification journal (warehouse -inventory) you can change the dimension of items, so by this you can "transfer" items from resp. center.
    Francois
    Consultant-Developper

http://www.CreaChain.com