Options

SQL Server Error

Gary.LoGary.Lo Member Posts: 5
edited 2007-07-27 in SQL General
Dear all experts,

I faced this issue when restoring a backup for a client on Windows 2003 Server + SQL Server 2005 installed. The error comes abt when I try to restore a single company back up to the database. Here is the error msg I received:

THe followng SQL Server error occured while accessing the User Group table:

701,"42000", [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] There is insufficient system memory to run this query.

SQL:
SELECT O.[id], O.[type], CASE WHEN C.[name] IS NULL THEN 0 ELSE 1 END AS [primkey] FROM "NAVDB".[dbp].[sysobjects] AS O LEFT OUTER JOIN "NAVDB".[dbo].[sysobjects]AS C ON (O.id = C.parent_obj AND C.xtype = 'PK') WHERE ).[name]=?

The database has 100 users and 80 companies. The steps that I have taken to produce this error is as follows:

Restore the entire database with 80 companies and 100 users.

Renaming one of the company to another name.

Restore the (renamed) company from the same backup file and got the above error.

What I like to ask is, is there a limitation on Navision in the no. of users and company allowed on a database?

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

Cheers,
Gary

Comments

• Options
    It's a bit of a generic error and comes from SQL Server. Try a server restart and see if you still get the error - if not then it's a memory setting, possibly. What edition sql server are you using and what memory settings in sql and o/s do you have?
    There are some errors in your query, are you sure this is what you're running?
    Have you changed any of the "out of the box" sql settings?
  • Options
    I am running SQL Server 2005 and Windows 2003 Server .
    Server memory settings are as follows:

Use AWE to allocate memory (untick)

Minimum server memory (in MB): 0

Maximum server memory (in MB): 2147483647

Index creation memory (in KB, 0 = dynamic memory): 0

Minimum memory per query (in KB): 0

Maximum memory per query (in KB): 1024

All of the settings are default SQL settigns and nothing "out of the box" is done.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Anyone has an ideas or comments on this?
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Maximum server memory (in MB): 2147483647
    Does your server have that much memory? Maybe you're trying to allocate more than is physically on the server, and it doesn't know how to handle that. By the way, it's better for performance to set it to a fixed value.