New Microsoft ERP based on Dynamics NAV:

SaalekSaalek Member Posts: 181
Hi

I found than Microsoft has created a new ERP for small business. It's a little version of Dynamics NAV. It's name: Microsoft Dynamics Entrepreneur

More information

http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/entre ... fault.mspx

Bye

P.D.: For Web administrators. I don't know where can I place this new. Please change this post location to a correct place.

Thanks

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    It's same as navision, just different licensing.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Anyone have an Idea on what the cost differences might be?

MS Dynamics Nav vs. MS Dynamics Ent
    say 15 users Native Database no manufacturing?

Do Nav mvp's automatically become Entrepreneur MVP's too :mrgreen:
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    ara3n wrote:
    It's same as navision, just different licensing.

Really? Have you seen a demo copy of it already?

Seems strange they would release something like this when there is a Business Essential edition already.
  • Scott_FrappierScott_Frappier Member Posts: 90
    All:

I participated in the demonstration of Dynamics Entrepreneur at WWPC. It's basically Dynamics NAV focused on the "up to 5" user environment.

With it, Microsoft is looking at creating a new level within the VAR business model. VAD's (Value Added Distributors) will sell the copies to VAR's as the product is designed to be an over the counter product with almost no services. When you create a company in this edition, it comes up with a tool that assists you with all of the setups (taken from the Rapid Implementation Methodology)...it's a nice step that would be great to see in the actual BRL versions of NAV.

On top of that, the major cards and list forms (Item, Customer, Vendor, et cetera) have been modified to make a single form that has access to all information. It's a larger form that has all of what a user needs on it, instead of clicking to supplemental forms within the NAV application.

Microsoft is recommending that current Dynamics partners do _not_ take the product as the philosophy behind it (no services, just product margin) is greatly different to that we are used to...instead they feel that it should be either a different division or company that takes on this product.

Also note - It is only in Europe for the time being and will probably eventually make it to the U.S. market sometime at the end of 2008...they do not actually have a release date scheduled in the U.S. at the moment (at least not when I talked to them a couple of weeks ago).

It is priced at 795 (or 895) euro per user and after 5 users, you must upgrade to the "Business Essentials" version of NAV under the BRL (Business Ready Licensing). There is a kick-back for customers that do upgrade from Ent. to BE.

- Scott
    Scott Frappier
    Vice President, Deployment Operations

Symbiant Technologies, Inc.
    http://www.symbiantsolutions.com
  • frankmortensenfrankmortensen Member Posts: 42
    Hi

Do you know if Dynamics Entrepreneur is available as native or SQL database?
    Do developers need a special developers license (and certificate) to be able to modify or create add-ons to Dynamics Entrepreneur?
    What version of Dynamics NAV is Dynamics Entrepreneur based on?
    Which granules are standard included in Dynamics Entrerpreneur?
    Do Dynamics Entrepreneur come with a "Navision Application Server"?

/Frank
  • Scott_FrappierScott_Frappier Member Posts: 90
    Do you know if Dynamics Entrepreneur is available as native or SQL database?
    SQL and Native if I recall correctly.
    Do developers need a special developers license (and certificate) to be able to modify or create add-ons to Dynamics Entrepreneur?
    Entrepreneur does _not_ have customization capabilities, but it does have the ability to use ISV products (i.e. Pebblestone). If you install Ent. and you want to extend it, you must install an ISV product as customizations (5xxxx range of objects) are not allowed until you move into the BRL portions of NAV.
    What version of Dynamics NAV is Dynamics Entrepreneur based on?
    From what I saw, 5.0 and there will be a 5.1 version as well.
    Which granules are standard included in Dynamics Entrerpreneur?
    We did not dig into this, other than they stated that "Basic" functionality was included (2 dimensions, Basic Sales and Purchases, No Service Management, Warehouse, or Manufacturing). I'm not entirely positive on this, but this is what all signs pointed towards.
    Do Dynamics Entrepreneur come with a "Navision Application Server"?
    Unknown...I did not get this deep.

Thanks!

- Scott
    Scott Frappier
    Vice President, Deployment Operations

Symbiant Technologies, Inc.
    http://www.symbiantsolutions.com
  • mmkmmk Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Where can I download a demo version ? Any language, any location...
    Thanks for help [-o<

Michel
    Scott: Thanks.

I just talked to a guy at Microsoft. NAS is probably not going to be available. ODBC and C/FRONT will be available. I need to do some integration from a website into Entrepreneur, and without NAS I guess I'll be using C/FRONT.

/Frank
  • guruguru Member Posts: 1
    This sounds pretty cool. Dynamics Nav is so rich in functionality - and it is great that this product allows much smaller businesses to also be able to use this solution.

I will be keeping a close eye on the global launch for this product...
    Guru

e:guru@myspace4erp.com
    w:www.myspace4erp.com
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Have they removed all those fields and menu items from forms that relate to functionality which isn't in this licence anyway? Because when NAV is implemented removing these is always a part of any sane implementation, alongside with rearranging fields in logical data entry order, adding some sort of mandatoryness f.e. it's created as Blocked and you can unblock it only if you've populated all the important fields etc. etc.

If this software is not supposed to be implemented/customized, how is data entry exactly supposed to happen? Users are just supposed to rememeber to fill field 1, 2 on tab 1 then field 9 on tab 3 then field 5,6 on tab 5 etc.? Yeah, riiiiight...
    Miklos: I think that most of the functions, fields etc. that is visible from forms etc. will be included in the license. So there will be little need for you to remove stuff from the forms.

/Frank