Does Link exist between Company Tables???

Jay2007Jay2007 Member Posts: 50
Hi there,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if a link exists between the Company Information table (79) and the Company table (2000000006)?

I need some way of finding out which Company in the Company table (2000000006) I am currently logged into?

Thanks,

Jay

Answers

• todrotodro Member Posts: 117
    Jay2007 wrote:
    Hi there,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if a link exists between the Company Information table (79) and the Company table (2000000006)?

I need some way of finding out which Company in the Company table (2000000006) I am currently logged into?

Thanks,

Jay
    You can use the "global" variable COMPANYNAME (like USERID) to get the company you are logged in, e.g. message(COMPANYNAME ).

The company info is stored in the actual context (company-dependant), the company table is storing the company names company-independant, therefore the company table contains the same data (company names), regardless from which company it's viewed
    Torsten
    MCP+I, MCSE NT, Navision MCT (2004,2005)
  • Jay2007Jay2007 Member Posts: 50
    That's perfect ! Thanks very much for that ! :mrgreen:
    Jay2007 wrote:
    That's perfect ! Thanks very much for that ! :mrgreen:
    You're welcome :D
    Torsten
  • tthyagutthyagu Member Posts: 33
    Hi,

Is there any global variable to find which database we are working, in Navision?

After we log into Navision, in the top bar, the company name is displayed by the system. I want to display the Database name also here.
    Is it possible?
    Thanks
    tthyagu wrote:
    Hi,

Is there any global variable to find which database we are working, in Navision?

After we log into Navision, in the top bar, the company name is displayed by the system. I want to display the Database name also here.
    Is it possible?
    Thanks
    Hi,

no, without external tools or automation servers, it's not possible to modify the window caption of the main window. A few years ago, I have created a small tool to take care of this, but have to look for it and maybe I can provide it here as a download. It simply allows to start the Navision Client and change it's windows caption.

Nevertheless, you can find the database name in the virtual session table. So if you can identify the actual session, e.g. by "My Session", then you will be able to know which database is used for this user (session).
    Torsten
  • tthyagutthyagu Member Posts: 33
    Hi

Thanks for your reply.

If possible, get the tool developed by you.

It will be very useful, for it will indicate in which company of the database we are working in.

Regards
    tthyagu wrote:
    Hi

Thanks for your reply.

If possible, get the tool developed by you.

It will be very useful, for it will indicate in which company of the database we are working in.

Regards
    Hi,

actually I'm in Greece without access to my old stuff, so it will take a few days but I think it should be available at the end of the week, so I keep you posted
    Torsten