Direct Posting Field in G/L account card

lallylally Member Posts: 323
Hello to every body,

In G/L account card u have a field "Direct Posting Field". I am getting confuse about this field.I read that F1 help. Still i could not find out that purpose.

When a post a transaction it is showing there is no check mark in direct
posting field.

what is the use of this field . kindly do this help . give detail explanation
please explain.give one example.

regards
lally

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    You need to check that field if you want to post directly using journals or invoices.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • lallylally Member Posts: 323
    Hi nunomaia,

You need to check that field if you want to post directly using journals or invoices. what is this meaning.
    I am not getting what is use of that field actually . That's y i throw a query in this forum. Please provide help wi th example.

regards
    lally
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    For example, G/L cash account. You normally post directly values to this entry using journals, without using sales invoices or something similar.

If don't active that field, you can't post directly using journals has I said indirect it's using for example invoices.

Many accounts you can't post directly, that's why you protected those accounts with that field.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    lally wrote:
    Hi nunomaia,

You need to check that field if you want to post directly using journals or invoices. what is this meaning.
    I am not getting what is use of that field actually . That's y i throw a query in this forum. Please provide help wi th example.

regards
    You might want to consider reading up more on accounting practices or gain more accounting experience.
    This setting is easily inferred if you have accounting knowledge or experience.
    It has to do with the concept of control or master accounts.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger