Assigning Permissions for Item Card changes

gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
Hello all,

Where do I assign user permissions allowing changes to the Item Card?

Is there a table where user I can check/uncheck, etc...

I want the fields to be editable for certain people/departments.

Thanks! gad1

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    have you tried looking into the Roles->Permissions of these users & setting Modify Permission for the Item Table & Table Data to No?

Or do you want to set it editable or non editable on the form.

Just by searching the forum for "Permissions" you should find a ton of posts.
  • gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    Thank you.

I'd like to try the "have you tried looking into the Roles->Permissions of these users & setting Modify Permission for the Item Table & Table Data to No? " option initially.

How do I access that? Thanks - gad1
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Go to Tools --> Security --> Roles. You will find one that is already built in called ITEMCARD. You can either use that one or build another one on your own.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Just to make sure you are asking for the right thing, you want the fields to be editable or not?

That is not possible with standard navision.

With security, a user will have see the same item card, except when he tries to modify, will he get an error.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    matttrax - Thank you. I looked and saw no ITEMCARD in that path. A good lead nonetheless.

ara3n - Thanks, regarding the following:

"With security, a user will have see the same item card, except when he tries to modify, will he get an error."

Yes, that is the needed result. I'll plug away and close the issue when I have this figured out and tested.

Have a great day - gad1