Help for invoice with foreign currency

reemareema Member Posts: 255
Hi experts,
We implemented navision to manufacturing company. Up to now they have only local customers. That means only in India. Now they got customers from dubai. Now they want export invoice.(sales invoice with dubai currency). I created customer with posting groups foreign. They have multi currency granule. Now my doubt is how to create sales invoice for foreign customer.

Can u explain what are the steps I need to do. Please explain one by one briefly. What steps I have to do.

When I creat sales order for Indian customers I did not select any currency code in sales header.But my doubt is Do I need to select any currency code in header for foreign customer. In sales invoice they want amount in foreign currency.
Please explain this issue how to do this . I don’t know where to start to create sales invoice with forgien currency. Please clarify my doubts.
expalin steps what i have to do.

regards
reema

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Hello reema
    Yes you need to specify the currency code on the Header. I would suggest to populate the currence code on the customer code for the customers that you are going to deal in foreign currency.
    The field will come to the order and all the amounts on the order will be based in foreign currency.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • modricmodric Member Posts: 42
    1. In Customer Card Foreign Trade tab select the required Currency.
    2. Check that you have defined Exchange Rate for this currency.
    3. Create your SO. All Amounts in lines will be in this different currency, as defined on Cust.Card

If you want to check Amounts in LCY, hit F9-Statistics - there will be both sums in Customer currency and your LCY
    Modris Ivans
    MCP, Dynamics NAV - Application
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    Hi modric,

Thanks for u r help. U have given wonderful explanation. I got some idea about export invoice now. Still i have some doubts. That is Exchange Rate. What is exchan rate .should i define exchange rate For each currency . Where can i get exchange rates for different currencies. Could u elaborate about this exchange rate.
    please do this help.

regards
    reema
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Different Currencies can be defined in Navision. Go to General Ledger - periodic activities - Curriencies. There you can define the code of the currency and the exchange rate (A button at the bottom).
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    Hi ssingla,

Thanks just u explained how to define. But I want what is exchange rate. Would u elaborate this issue.Could explain this with one example. I am getting confuse with this exchange rate. Could explain with one example. Now we have dubai, us customers. Take any customer one of these and how to fix exchange rate. Provide one example. Do this help. Experts should do this type of help for freshers.

regards
    reema
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    You might want to consider gaining knowledge on foreign exchange.
    It seems to me that you do not have knowledge of currencies.
    Maybe you like to explain further what errors you encountered?
    I found the previous posts already very helpful & detailed.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger