problem with report permission property

buchhotbuchhot Member Posts: 116
Hi folks!

I know that user restriction and security filters is not one of the best working things in navision, but i do have to use it.

I have the following problem:
The salespeople should only be allowed to see her own invoices, shippings and so on. I realized that with security filters:
e.g. Sales Header: Salerperson Code = 'AST'

This works fine but if one salesperson quits and another one gets his former customers than he (the new one) is not able to get some reports concerning this customer because in that report there are some sums over the invoices (which also include old invoices from the former salesperson to which the new one does not have access).

So I thought I can handle this with the report property permission.
As I understood I can give the report extra permission for his calculations but it always give me permission error.

Anyone ideas im running ](*,)

Many thanks in advance

SORRY POSTED IN WRONG FORUM -> SHOULD BE NAVISION, WE USE NAV 4.0 Sp2
Thomas Buchholz
ekey biometric systems GmbH
4031 Linz
Austria
web: http://www.ekey.net

Answers

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from Navision Attain forum to Navision forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    edited 2007-07-20
    You need to extend your roles to include Indirect permissions for the tables without sec. filters. In this situation the permissions on the report will extend this indirect permissions for everything and report will be able to read all records you need. It means that you need one role with full permission for table XX but with security filter, and another role (you cannot enter two lines into one role for same table) with indirect permissions without sec. filter.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • buchhotbuchhot Member Posts: 116
    Hello kine!
    Many thanks for the fast response. I tried and it did work. The online help of navision did not get me any further. Your few lines did.

Many, many thanks for that.

Best wishes from austria
    Thomas Buchholz
    ekey biometric systems GmbH
    4031 Linz
    Austria
    web: http://www.ekey.net
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You are welcome! 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG