Business Notifications

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
Dear All,

I would like to send a notifiction to another user who is also using Navision. For example let's say whenever an invoice is posted user x has to receive a type of notification somewhere on his navision. Anyone has any suggestions?

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    My suggestion is to not use Business Notifications. It is by far the worst thing Microsoft has ever put out concerning Navision. Assuming you can even get it installed (which is a remote possibility as I have only seen it installed successfully one time) it's still a pain to set up the templates.

I even talked to one of the Navision developers at Microsoft and he admitted it was a piece of crap. Avoid it if at all possible.
  • Scott_FrappierScott_Frappier Member Posts: 90
    sabzam:

While I can understand matttrax's response, as Business Notification is a pain to setup and maintain, it still can be a useful tool. We have it deployed at 3 different sites for basic notifications (credit checks, et cetera) and after we had it up and running, it worked wonderfully.

You may want to look at some type of application that does the same but through data changes (there are many products out there that can do this at the SQL level) as it may prove to be a better tool...you can always have your solution center do a proof of concept for BN as well.

We have _never_ had the Business Notification instances fail after they are setup and running. When upgrading, we have had pains, but all in all, it's a basic tool that can get the job done if your expectations are not too high.

Dynamics AX uses the same technology, but they integrated it into the AX codebase. They did not have time to implement it into Dynamics NAV, which is why we have an external application (Business Notification Manager) to setup the schema's and process accordingly.

Good luck to you!

- Scott
    Scott Frappier
    Vice President, Deployment Operations

Symbiant Technologies, Inc.
    http://www.symbiantsolutions.com
  • darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    can anybody tell me how to install MS SQL Notification, which is required for navision business notification.

At our client place Small Business Server(SBS) is installed, which gives
    Sql Server 2005, But it does not provide MS SQL Notification service.

Pls help
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
  • darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    Hi everybody,

I am trying to use Navision Business Notification client. I have
    installed all the prerequisites required. But when I am trying to
    create a new schemes system gives me error that can not connect to Navision client.

Even though my Navision client is running.

Please help me
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan