Winsock error

tvandongentvandongen Member Posts: 78
I am trying to use the Microsoft Winsock Control 6.0 OCX for IP-communication with a weight scale (I have to send the letter "p" and receive a textstring").
At the moment that I try to compile the object I get the error "The OLE-control or the Automation Server identified by 'Microsoft Winsock Control 6.0'.Winsock requires a design time license. This license cannot be obtained. Make sure that the OLE control or Automation Server is installed correctly with the appropriate license."
I've looked on the internet for a solution, but the only solution I could find was described in Microsoft KB 194751, where it is possible to download a tool to repair this error. When I try to run it i get the error that "Visual Basic 6.0 was not detected on this system". Well, that messsage is correct I don't have VB6, I just want to use a default installed OCX.

I tried it on both Windows XP SP2 and Windows 2000 SP4, but with the same result.

The code I used:
CommCtrlIP.Connect('192.168.49.10','8000');
The Variable "CommCtrlIP" is defined as a datatype "OCX" with subtype "Microsoft WinSock Control 6.0 (SP4)".

Does anybody know how to solve this issue or another way how I can set up the communication ?

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You have few ways how to solve it:

1. Install VB on your PC
    2. Compile the object for the first time on machine, where VB is installed. After that you do not need that licence and you can modify this object on your PC without VB (the devel. licence is checked just when new OCX variable is added).
    3. You can google for a while and find out how to "import" the developer licenses, but be warned: "this is not legal way"...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • tvandongentvandongen Member Posts: 78
    Kine,

I don't have VB, so I can't compile it on another machine. (I think that you don't want to e-mail me a developer license :wink: )