Resource Planning Module manual

ryanchryanch Member Posts: 34
Anyone know where I can access the resource planning module manual? I am interested in using the Jobs facility on the module. Please advise.
It is followers who make one a leader.

Comments

• gigi1512gigi1512 Member Posts: 4
    Hi ryanch,

Go on: Resource Planning -> Jobs -> Budget ->Alloc. to Dates button. Read the help or the documentation (The window is divided into two parts. The left side belongs to the current job budget, and the right side shows the amounts of measuring units per selected time period. You can select different time intervals by clicking on the buttons in the lower left-hand corner of the window).
    The resources are allocated to perform a work (for a job or for a service activity).
    At the resource level (from Resource card, Planning button) you can see also how a resource was allocated and what is their availability.

Good luck!

Gigi
    ERP Production, Service and Maintenance, Projects Mgmt, PLM, PDM, 3D CAD
  • ryanchryanch Member Posts: 34
    Thanx gigi1512. But I still need to know exactly how I can enter, allocate, update, query and invoice all my jobs. Please help.
  • modricmodric Member Posts: 42
    If you have acess to CustomerSource or PartnerSource (with Partner Service Plan), you can download the .pdf`s from there - actually there are 2 of them - Resources & Jobs, and Job Costing.

You haven't told your status - whether you are a MBS partner or end user - but it depends on it how you can access these resources...
    Modris Ivans
    MCP, Dynamics NAV - Application
  • AlbertvhAlbertvh Member Posts: 516
    Hi ryanch
    You could try the following

Press F1 and click show
    hilight jobs and click print and select selected heading and all sub topics
    Print to printer of pdf

I think that if you print straight to the printer it does not come out neatly formatted.

Albert