Navision used as a POS

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
Hi Everybody,

I have a client which is partially using navision as a pos system in two of his shops. Now I need the cash register drawer to pop automatically as soon as an invocie is posted. Has anyone ever done this? Now I understand that this may vary from one model to another but I had appreciate if somebody would give me a guideline on how to implement this system.

Now I also understand taht Navision is certainly not a POS system but please keep in mind that in my country a lot of companies are very small companies and sometimes it is best to modify a system rather tahn buying two systems.

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Normally every cash drawer has an interface to open it. You know how to dot it, and then use an external component to call that DLL / object, etc.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • NRNR Member Posts: 78
    If you are talking about LS retail integrated with Navision, then there is an option.
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    In my early days, I implemented a drawer on a ticket printer. Whenever the printer prints a ticket, it opens the drawer, so there was no interaction from the software, but from the printerdriver... .

Probably this is no option ;)

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog