Adjust Cost Issue

pradkpradk Member Posts: 89
I have an Item A with sub items B and C. Item A is a BOM. All these items are new to the system (no entries existing). Now i make a purchase receipt (No Invoice) for item B and C @ Direct Unit Cost 10 and 11. The Average cost for both these items get's updated and so does last direct cost. Now i pass consumption entry for Item A from BOM Journal. The net effect being Item B and C's average cost gets 0 and last direct cost being the same. Now i run the Adjust Cost Batch to update the Main item A. But it does not make any changes to cost.

NOTE : The Inventory setup already has expected cost Posting checked as well as Automatic Cost Posting checked.
Costing Method is FIFO

Why is it not updating the cost for the main Item ? Is this a bug in Navision ?

I am using Navision 4 sp1.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    What I know is, that if you are using just BOM journal (basic Item BOM), the components and product are not connected and the cost is not passed to the product. If you want this, you need to use some addon or standard Manufacturing module, not just BOM (it will create just neg. and pos. adjustment, not consumption and production item ledger entries...).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.