finding out date a customer was added to the database

mr._incrediblemr._incredible Member Posts: 33
is there a report in Navision that can tell me when a customer card was created?

I need to create a list of customers added to the DB from 4/1/2007 to present.

Comments

• Scott_FrappierScott_Frappier Member Posts: 90
    Mr. Incredible:

Sadly, there is no easy way to determine when a customer was inserted in Dynamics NAV. There is a "Last Date Modified" column, but there is not an "Inserted Date" column. Even the "timestamp" column that exists on the SQL DBMS would not work.

Unless your solution center added a new "Inserted Date" column, there is no easy way to tell (you could replay transaction log file backups, or restore a backup from a previous backup and compare the customer tables).

- Scott
    Scott Frappier
    Vice President, Deployment Operations

Symbiant Technologies, Inc.
    http://www.symbiantsolutions.com
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    You can only find this out if you enable the Chang Log in Navision. You can set the log to record all inserts to the customer table.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    that's probably one of the first mods we did when we got Navision.

We added a field to the Customer, Item & Vendor Table called "Start Date"

"No." OnInsert()
    "Start Date" := WORKDATE;

then latger on we added a "Blocked Date" too onvalidate of Blocked.
    Helps keep track of things.
  • SilverXSilverX Member Posts: 134
    Adding a field now doesn't solve your current problem, but can assist you for future statistics.

If you add customers only if they place an order, you can count all customers with the first invoice posted on or after the 4/1/07 or which have archived orders after this date.
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    As others of stated, without the mod, there is no easy way,

the approach you may try is a combination of the ideas above.

if you can find a customer that has the highest customer number with activity closest to 4/1/07, that should give you a starting point on your search.

if say customer 8677 has activity in march, you know that new customers will have to have a higher number.