Order Tracking

ameenameen Member Posts: 217
To all Navision Expert;

hi I'm just new in using microsoft navision. i'm
still learning some part of it. i have a question regarding Order Tracking .What is the use of Order Trackig.At what conditions we use this functionality.
is there anyone can give me good explanation on this Order Tracking.Please provide some examples……..
I hope you will help me guys....

Thank you
ameen

Comments

• ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Hello Ameen and welcome to mibuso... :)

You can use the order tracking functionality to trace the connection of a supply to its corresponding demand.

I haven't used this functionality, but AFAIK it keeps info that connects sales, purchases and production orders so that you can find out what happens to your items through out the system.

I recommend to start by open the help and searching for "Order Tracking" or pressing the Help button on the form "Order Tracking" which you can open from the Functions menu button on any Sales Order.

You can also look at the help on the "Order Tracking Policy" field at the Planning tab on Item Card by pressing F1 on that field.

IMHO the help system of Nav is enough extended and points you to the right direction to start experimenting and understanding the functionality it provides.

A good way to start with Nav is study and experiment on Cronus database to see what the application provides and how it is used...
    Nav Help wrote:
    You use the Order Tracking Entry table to trace the connection of a supply to its corresponding demand. This table is useful when you want to find the original demand that created a specific production order or purchase order. You can also use this table to see the production order or purchase order that supplies a particular demand.

You can, for example, track from either a purchase order or a production order to find the sales order that causes the demand. You can also track from a sales order to find the production order or purchase order that supplies that demand.

The order tracking feature shows the interdependence of sales orders, production orders, and purchase orders.
  • ameenameen Member Posts: 217
    Hi Arhontis,

Thanks for u r reply. I tried on cronus databse about order tracking.
    But i could not able to understand about that order tracking. What is the purpose of that tracking.At what conditions u use this.Please provide about this order tracking with example.

thanks in advance.
    ameen
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    You will see the most uses of Order Tracking when you're working in the Manufacturing granule. More specifically, generating production and purchase orders through planning worksheet and order planning.
  • ameenameen Member Posts: 217
    Hi Alex Chow,

Thanks for the reply.
    But could u elaborate this issue .Take one example and explain that issue based on that . Please provide that.

Thanks and regards
    ameen
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    ameen wrote:
    Hi Alex Chow,

Thanks for the reply.
    But could u elaborate this issue .Take one example and explain that issue based on that . Please provide that.

Thanks and regards

1. Go to planning worksheet
    2. Calculate regenerative plan
    3. click on Line --> Order tracking

:D