Account Schedule Crashing

Saint-SageSaint-Sage Member Posts: 92
Hello everyone,

I have another fun oddball for you all to enjoy.

I have a customized 4.3 database on a local system which is not set up for SQL Server.

I have the same database on the clients server which is SQL Server and the database has been set up appropriatly.

Unfortunatly everytime I do an account schedule overview, or print the Account Schedule report, it gives me an error and dies.

:-k

The error is always on an account schedule line entry for Row No. 100.

This is a Formula type entry which totals lines 10..90 which are all posting account types.

The data and the objects are the same on both databases, the only difference is one is SQL and one is Native (I am not even sure if this is causing the error, but I can't find any other problems).

The error states that the schedule is encountering a recursive error when totaling the Column A for that row, which is also a Formula type and the formula is YTD BAL - YTD CHG.

These are two other columns which are type Balance at Date and Year to Date column types and total from the G/L entries net amount.

If anyone has had a similar problem or can give me any direction it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks!

No one loves you like the one who created you...

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi

Could you rename rows 10..90 to A10..A90 and try again.

I have a very vague memory of encountering something similar last year, but I cannot remember what we did!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The number of characters has to be consistent. So if you're using formulas, your row IDs should be:

A010
    A020
    A100

Instead of
  • modricmodric Member Posts: 42
    Here are my 2 cents, too... (don't remember whoom I'm quoting, but I liked this expression :lol: )

Sometimes -but not always, and I haven't been able to found the reason yet- Formula works if you write

A10+A20+A30....

but gives this weird recursion err if it is

A10|A20|A30...

and you should avoid A10..A90 form - you can never guess, what NAV will include in this range, if there are plenty of differently numbered rows.
    Modris Ivans
    MCP, Dynamics NAV - Application