ERROR For ole /Automation

aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
In Sales & Marketing-->Setup-->Marketing Setup when i am browsing for e mail logging profile i am getting the error as
"Could not create an instance for ole control or automation server identified by GUID
"

What is the possible cause of this error?
What i have to do to remove it?

Comments

• DatapacDatapac Member Posts: 97
    You can normally solve these problems by re-registering a Custom Controls (from the Tools menu).
    If you show all the columns in the Custom Controls window it might help you identify what control needs to be re-registered.
    Hope this helps,
    Richie
  • sander7sander7 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Aliennav,

I think that You miss the Microsoft Collaboration Data Objects (CDO).

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2714320D-C997-4DE1-986F-24F081725D36&displaylang=en
    Regards,

Alexander Pallesen
    Freelance Navision Developer
  • aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
    the link u have prvided-i have downloaded the exchangeCDO.msi file .
    wen i try to install it the message i am getting is that for this installer----ms outlook 2007 is must-.
    I am using office 2003.
    .Any file compatible with that version?
    Datapac wrote:
    You can normally solve these problems by re-registering a Custom Controls (from the Tools menu).
    If you show all the columns in the Custom Controls window it might help you identify what control needs to be re-registered.
    Hope this helps,
    Richie

I have checked the guid in the list from the guid which is coming in the error---I have found that the guid whic is coming in the error is not listed in the custom controls list.

can i load the guid seperately?
    You can use the Custom Controls window to browse to a dll or ocx control and register a new one. The problem is going to be how to identify the dll/ocx that is not registered. Can you post the GUID that is coming up in the error, or perhaps google it to see if you can identify what's not registered?
    Hope this helps,
    Richie
    Datapac wrote:
    You can use the Custom Controls window to browse to a dll or ocx control and register a new one. The problem is going to be how to identify the dll/ocx that is not registered. Can you post the GUID that is coming up in the error, or perhaps google it to see if you can identify what's not registered?
    Hope this helps,
    Richie

The GUID which is coming is

{3FA7DEA7-6438-101B-ACC1-00AA00423326}1.21:{3FA7DEB3-6438-101B-ACC1-00AA00423326}

Now how to correct this problem??
    I googled this GUID and the following came up:

Microsoft CDO 1.21 Library
    MAPI
    {3FA7DEA7-6438-101B-ACC1-00AA00423326}
    C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\System\Mapi\1033\NT\CDO.DLL

In Tools -> Custom Controls select Control -> Browse and find this DLL on you machine. This should then be registered.
    Datapac wrote:

MAPI

In Tools -> Custom Controls select Control -> Browse and find this DLL on you machine. This should then be registered.

I have searched thi dll file named----cdo.dll but couldn't find it.
    aliennav wrote:
    Datapac wrote:

MAPI

I have searched thi dll file named----cdo.dll but couldn't find it.

Guys the problem is still there...
    Guys the problem is still there.What is the solution.I hope this is not that BIG problem.
    May be this can be a hint for all of us.
    When i am trying to re-register the custom control named "ActiveXPlugin Object"---a message is comin that"Could not load the ole control".
    In windows when i checked the path of this OLE control C:\WINDOWS\system32\plugin.ocx,I didnt find it.

Is it possible that some windows package is left un-installed???
    If yes how do i get to know that which is that package??
    Seeking ur sooner reply
    Thanx in advance
    Alexander was right, you need to install Microsoft Collaboration Data Objects. If the link he provided doesn't work, I suggest you search the Microsoft downloads site for a download that will install for you.

I think the Microsoft CDO gets installed as part of Microsoft Office. Is this just a problem on your machine or on all machines on site? Maybe check other machines to see if CDO.DLL exists, if so, try to install Nav there and see if the problem persists.