Change Log Setup

ivanlotterivanlotter Member Posts: 31
I have flagged a field in the Sales Invoice Header table to be recorded in the change log but no entries are recorded when I make changes to this field. It is a boolean field that can be changed in the Sales Invoice Header.

Do I need to change something in the properties?
Ivan Lötter

Answers

• modricmodric Member Posts: 42
    Have you activated Change log in whole?

Change log Setup form has only one field - checkbox to start logging at all, if you only mark Tables/Actions to log under Setup/Tables, it is not enough to start logging.
    Modris Ivans
    MCP, Dynamics NAV - Application
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    You don't have to do anything just check the change log setup table...whether you have activated or de-activated it.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    If you have activated the Change Log, you need to exit Navision and log back in.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • ivanlotterivanlotter Member Posts: 31
    Our change log has been activated, the change log set up is the same as with the other fields. I have also logged out and in again.
    Ivan Lötter
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    So what's the result.....solved or still facing the problem??
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
    It still doesn't log the changes to this field.
    Ivan Lötter
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    The change log logs user interaction - therefore if your boolean is being altered by the system this is not considered a change, it has to be a manual change to the field. Also check the user making the change has rights to the change log table - I presume they do?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    The field is ticked by the user. It is on the Posted Sales Invoice form and records the boolean value in the Sales Header table. This field is the only editable field on the form.

Like I said before our Change log is set up correctly.
    Ivan Lötter
    It is a license issue. As a super user I am not allowed to modify the Sales Header table, although I can only modify this one field but only from the form.

As soon as you use a license that allows you to modify data in the tables then the changes are logged.

The change log setup only looks at tables and not forms.

Can it be set to look at fields?
    Ivan Lötter