Navision Gantt Server

jorgitojorgito Member Posts: 115
Hi to all.

Can I use the Navision Gantt Server to display a gantt diagram of my choice? Or is it restricted to be used only with the Production Schedule?

Can I create a custom XML and feed it to the gantt server to be displayed?

Thanx
Jorgito

Comments

• jorgitojorgito Member Posts: 115
    I found in Codeunit 5500 (Production Schedule Management) that the Gantt Server is an Automation object of type 'NavisionGanttServer'.cWrapper.

The codeunit creates an XML and calls the Automation object:
    ReturnValue := ProdSched.ScheduleOrder(OutboundXML);

where ProdSched is the Automation Object and OutboundXML is another Automation object of type 'Microsoft XML, v4.0'.DOMDocument40.

How can I extend or change this functionality to meet my needs? How can I use this Automation object? What are its methods?

Any ideas?
    Jorgito
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    On the Dynamics product CD, there is a directory "GanttServer" which contains the Visual Basic sources of the DLL. The DLL is actually a wrapper for the Netronic component ( http://www.netronic.de/english/index.html ) which does the actual drawing of the chart. If you want to use this Gantt graph for other tables, I guess you need to buy some developers license from Netronic.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • KappeKappe Member Posts: 64
    Hi jorgito

You should have a look at XMLport 5500 (Export Production Schedule).
    Maybe you can modify it to your needs?

If you need a complete new solution you should get in contact with netronic.
    They are very nicely and helpful in such matters. :wink:

We have build our own modified Gantt solution with only a new CU and a new XMLport based on the netronic solution (for our Vertical Solution).
    Works great! \:D/

Regards
    Kappe

Kappe
  • andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    Ok, you can filter the data export but I don't understand if all these object xml [Export Production Schedule, Conflicts] are taken in memory and never saved on the disk.

Isn't there the possibility to examine them?

Thank you
    Another question:

If we modify the XMLPort 5500 Export Production Schedule to filter less data, only some machine center for example, when you save it does it scroll only the production orders displayed/filtered or all the production order to make check, conflicts and savings without any filter.

Is it necessary to filter also some other XML Port?

Thank you
    But the stream XML are memorized temporarily in table :

"Production Schedule Setup"

field "GanttXML" that is a blob field?

This is the code of codeunit 5500 Production Schedule Management

ProdSchedSetup.GanttXML.CREATEOUTSTREAM(ostream);
    InitialDataSetXML.save(ostream);
    ProdSchedSetup.GanttXML.CREATEINSTREAM(istream);
    CheckForConflict.SETSOURCE(istream);

Is it possible to see/examine them? Debugging?
    They have never been saved?

The dimension of the database can grow a lot if there are a lot of data to transfer via this XML?