changing licence

JKingJKing Member Posts: 4
Hello,

one customer of ours is working with the previous partner's licence (please, don't ask me why... :roll: ).

Obviously we would like to install their own licence, but we think that some of the functionalitys they are using are not included in their licence (we wouldn't like to buy a new licence unless we are sure it can properly work for them).

How can we find out all the objects they can't use with their licence?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    There's a bunch of virtual tables for license permissions. You could run a report off of those tables and compare the two licenses. Or, you run a form off of those tables, copy paste the information into Excel and you can manipulate the data more easily.

Does your customer know that the license they are using will expire at some point?
  • JKingJKing Member Posts: 4
    Thank you DenSter,
    I know table 2000000044, are there any other to be checked?

My customer knows its licence is expiring and this is one of the reason they has for changing partner.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Create a new form, in the form wizard lookup to the available tables, scroll all the way down the list and have a look, there's a bunch of tables with permissions in them. See which one suits your needs.
  • JKingJKing Member Posts: 4
    oh yes, that's rock!

:D =D> \:D/
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    another useful download to determine what a customer needs. :mrgreen:

Find (Dynamics NAV) Granule v1.5
    Author: Luc Van Dyck

Description: This form lists the granules and their associated objects for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 3.60 , 3.70, 4.00 & 5.00.

Now you can determine which Granules you need to buy in order to gain access to a certain Object or feature.

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=336