Active Directory Security Groups and Roles

AidanAidan Member Posts: 3
I have setup a security group in AD called NavisionSales and made the sales person a member of this group. I have then gone into NAV and windows logins and added both sales person and the security group. I then added all the relevant roles to the security group within NAV. When I log on as the sales person I get the following message "You do not have permission to run the 'MBS' MenuSuite " has anyone got any ideas what might be causing this ?

Comments

• DatapacDatapac Member Posts: 97
    Hi Aidan,

Are you using a standard Navision standard or SQL version? If SQL, you might need to run a Security Synchronize from the Tools menu.

Otherwise, I think the problem you're having is because none of the roles you've associated with the user have Execute permission on the Menusuite 10 (MBS) object.

Hope this helps,
    Richie
  • AidanAidan Member Posts: 3
    I am using the sql option. When I give the user the all role it lets me login but when I take the role off the user and add to the group then synchronize I get the error message. Its like it not using the roles from the group only ones assigned directly to the user
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Hi,

Please provide the permission to the MBS Menu suite. You can check the permission of the user. If you are using the SQL db then after you have given the permission to the user, synchronize the security.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/