NAS not talking

gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
hello Navies!
I am using Navision SP3 and SQL Server 2005

I have the following 2 issues

1.I have added the extended stored produres xp_ndo_enumusergroups and xp_ndo_enumusersids to the extended stored procedures both pointing to the xp_ndo.dll stored in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn folder and iam able to login to the database using windows authentication but my problem is when i run the NAS it starts but in the Event Viewe i get the Following Message
The description for Event ID ( 20010 ) in Source ( ASDF-SQL ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The Navision Application Server ASDF-SQL could not initialize properly.
The server will attempt to initialize every 30 seconds until this is successful.

2. I have created two message queues one incoming and the other outgoing Integrated with a .NET application.But the Problem is there are messages going to the NAS but iam not getting any reply from the NAS.

3.When iam trying to install the Database Server it throws the popular "incorrect function" message.Is Database Server Actually required here in this scenario .NET APPlication->Message queue->NAS->Navision???

Thanks for you time
Regards,

GD

Comments

• Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    I love that message ..not..

anyway have you tried working through witht he following.

Confirm the NAS Service is set to run as a Windows User account.
    Confirm that account is setup in NAV and Set it to Super user.

Confirm you have the Server name, Database NAme and Company Name correctly set for the NAS

Make sure the startup parameter is correct. Try using one of the standard ones to see if its your customisation thats a problem.

Normally after doing all that it should start.

Hope that helps

Ian
    Regards

Ian
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    There's a file in the Doc folder of your product CD called w1w1ATAS.pdf or something with 'AS' in the name. This is the NAS installation guide, and gives you all necessary information about how to install and manage NAS.

Your problem most likely has to do with the user in the service's logon information, so after verifying that you have set the startup parameters correctly, that's where I would look first.
  • gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
    hello navies,

Before : OS-windows XP,NAV 4 SP3 i was able to run NAS

Now :OS-windows 2003 ,iam running a 4.3 DB with 5 Client(You can search for that on mibuso)

But the Sad part is iam not able to run NAS on windows server 2003.

Thanks for your time
    Regards,

GD
    Did you upgrade your NAS to version 5 as well?
    Yes I did upgrade NAS to version 5.0

my windows login is NAV\Administrator.
    Regards,

GD
    I guess i need to upgrade my development license from 4 sp3 to 5 for the NAS 5.0 to work and the fancy stuff like stylesheets and export to excel /word functionality.

CMIAW
    Regards,

GD
  • Scott_FrappierScott_Frappier Member Posts: 90
    gulamdastagir:

Usually, when I receive this exact error message, it is caused by the NAS service registry entry. Sometimes, it does not setup properly, and you may want to basically do:
    nassql installasservice

You could also test the nassql.exe for connection issues by starting it from a command prompt. There are command-line switches that you can use that are documented in the doc folder (one of the PDF's) on the NAV CD.

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Thanks!

- Scott
    Scott Frappier
    Vice President, Deployment Operations

Symbiant Technologies, Inc.
    http://www.symbiantsolutions.com
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

If you are working with 4.0 you also need to install hotfix KB932172.
    Apparently the msmqbusadapter.dll supplied with 4.0 cannot handle string messages. It will always give you a blank message.

I installed it and it worked.

Hope this helps a little

Oh yeah, I was running the msmqbusadapter.dll supplied with NAV 5.0
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
    Job scheduler works better than NAS :wink:
    Regards,

GD
    I don't understand that comment.... Job Scheduler and NAS are two completely different things.
    the only reason we need NAS for is to run this codunit that makes NAVISION to listen on the MSMQ.But NAS sometimes just doesnt trigger the NASHANDLER 75% of the time.

we can do that running the codunit manually or from the Job Sceduler but we want to automate the process and dont want the NAV Client open on the Server(Not very professional)

Is there another way to do this besided NAS and Job Scheduler?
    Regards,

GD