Database Backup / Disaster Recovery

renor321renor321 Member Posts: 11
Hi,

My company is trying to create a database backup of our Navision server for disaster recovery/cut-over purposes. Essentially, I've made a SQL backup of our Navision DB, and copied the .bak file to the cut-over hardware. I then restored the .bak file to this new database server. After doing so, I had to deal with the xp_ndo.dll issues, which I dealt with. I'm now getting an error message about my license being able to handle more than two non-demonstration companies.

The long and short of it is, and this is a pretty dumb question, but do I need to actually place a full Navision install on my database server? A better question would be, what do people recommend in disaster recovery/cut-over scenarios? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    Hi

what’s is happening is this. Because no NAV License has been uploaded to the recovery server the license for the client is being used, this by default is the Demo license which is limited as you are seeing.

To get round it do the following

Get hold of your Company license.

Start a client, but before trying to connect to the server go to Tools -> License Information and select Change. The pick up the Company License.

You should now be able to connect to you recovery database. Once you have connected successfully go back to the License Information screen and choose Upload and then pick your company license. This will load a copy of the file to the SQL server and then you should have no further trouble connecting

regards

Ian
    Regards

Ian
  • renor321renor321 Member Posts: 11
    Ian,

Thank you so much for your response. I greatly appreciate it!

I followed your suggestions and everything went perfectly. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Dave