3.70.A Security

titantektitantek Member Posts: 50
For starters, I'm a Navision novice to say the least. My current project requires implementing security for multiple users who recently were SUPER but should not have been. I have noted multiple posts regarding the wizard to assist with this, but at this point the majority of the roles for the users have been assigned as needed. There are only a few roles which need to be identified and assigned to complete this project, but input from the experts would be much appreciated.

One user is unable to post to a fixed asset and receives the following message when attempting: "You do not have sufficient rights to release this order" Would anyone be familiar with the specific role which is associated with this?

thanks!

Answers

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    this looks like a modification. Usually the security error are like this.

you don't have permission to read table xxxxx.

So my guess would be. the mod involves a field added to user setup that is a check box that allows to release the order.

Turn on the debugger and see where the error stops. read it and see what the if statement above says.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • titantektitantek Member Posts: 50
    It was a mod as you suggested. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.