Service System reference

gunthergunther Member Posts: 15
Hi,

I try to understand what is it exactly "Service System reference" ?

When I read some changes documentation, I can see "Service System reference FR-XXX-XXX-XXX" if I can find more documentation on it.

Could you please help me ?

Thanks.

Answers

• kujukuju Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 62
    Can you guide us where you find this in a W1 version?
    Dynamics Rules!
  • Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    I think it relates to one of the old Navision internal issues databases. IIRC the system that was used a number of years back, before Voice, used that type of reference with the first 2 characters being the country that the original request came from.

Ian
    Regards

Ian
  • gunthergunther Member Posts: 15
    Hi Kuju, Ian,

You can find a example in the CD1 of Navision 4.02 in the document named "ChangesInNav4.0SP1.doc".
    Errors fixed
    A6) Consolidation - Test Database Dimension error
    Error
    Temporary tables were not cleared before entering data from consolidated business units.
    This has been corrected
    Report 14 Consolidation - Test Database

Navision Service System reference: GB-558-326-UJNL

Any idea of what is "Navision Service System reference" and where we can find GB-558-326-UJNL ?

Thanks.

Regards.
  • modricmodric Member Posts: 42
    As already said above, it looks like the old service system, where we could report to Navision about different issues - and they ANSWERED :) ,serious bugs were corrected in hotfixes ASAP and so on...

Its gone now forever - after MS bought Navision, it was discontinued, for some time you could search the old posts to see if your problem was already reported and maybe solution or workaround is available.

Now we get a service pack once a year and hope MS has corrected it`s bugs :roll:

It seems rather interesting, than such an error, reported years ago in service system, has been corrected only now in 4.0-SP1... But it`s MS way of reacting to "issues" as they call them - no more "bugs" :)
    Modris Ivans
    MCP, Dynamics NAV - Application
  • gunthergunther Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

Thanks guys for your answers, it's clear for me now.

Have a good day.

Regards, Loïc.