Nav 4 month end procedures

stuart1266stuart1266 Member Posts: 29
edited 2007-07-11 in Navision Financials
Being fairly new to Navision, I understand a month end isn't run. However, is there a set of procedures at month end in Navision that need to be run.

The issue i'm having, is that the accounting period is June and we have received invoices in June in repect of May (May accounts have been closed off). Obviously these don't get picked in the COA for June. This then effects the May figures and I want them in June, but dated May!

Comments

• ahb010270ahb010270 Member Posts: 1
    You could just set the posting date for these invoices to a June date and leave the document date to that of a date in May.
  • stuart1266stuart1266 Member Posts: 29
    The only problem i have is this.......

An invoice comes in on 1st June (posting date) dated 30th May (doc date) and this is posted into the MAY accounts. The accounts are prepared at, say the 15th and on the 16th (posting date) an invoice comes in dated 30th May (document date)......This invoice has to go into JUNE accounts.

As there is no month end in Nav, this is amking life difficult. ](*,)
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    for AP we created an "Amount Received Not Invoiced" Report that we run on the last day of each month. For us invoices sometimes take up to 3 weeks to arrive from a vendor b ut the merch is received right away.

this report help us keep track of the Inv Value that we are waiting on.

Is this a similar issue for you?
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9562

PS#1: another report you should run if not doing it already is the Adjust Cost Batch Job & Post to G/L at least monthly if not more frequently.

PS#2 Nav 4 Questions should really go in the Navision forum
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23
  • stuart1266stuart1266 Member Posts: 29
    ahb010270 wrote:
    You could just set the posting date for these invoices to a June date and leave the document date to that of a date in May.

Thanks for this, however, I take it I'm going to have to alter the posting date in Vendor Ledger Entrys, GL Ledger entries, VAT entries tables etc?