Customer Account Deletion

sennasenna Member Posts: 44
Would like some thoughts on a little problem i'm looking at....

I have been testing/replicating a problem involving deleting a customer account. If you have no open fiscal entries in the year but transactional records attached to the customer (invoices and associated payments) then you can delete the Customer via the Cust. Card, this in turn deletes the record and all transactional data!

I was surprised the transactional data was also deleted, shouldn't this be kept for a number of years? I guess customer accounts should not be deleted but I really thought Navision would hold the invoices and payments in the cust. ledger entry table until such time that they had been archived or specifically removed.

I would really appreciate any thoughts on this....

Many thanks :D

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi

In previous versions you could never delete a customer that had "any" ledger entries. After numerous requests from users this was altered in version 4 to allow the deletion of customers with no transactions in open fiscal years. This approach has put the responsibility on the users to control the deletion rights and the security surrounding the deletion process. I am not a great fan of this, and would prefer it was date controlled in a similar manner to the G/L account deletion - but I am sure this will be in a future release, until then you will need to rely on your internal processes to control this.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • grigri Member Posts: 87
    hi
    maybe you should check this topic also.
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... nk+deleted
  • sennasenna Member Posts: 44
    Thanks for the replies - has put my mind at rest somewhat as it seemed quite alarming when I first realised what can be done.

I still think the Ledger Entries should remain intact for a couple of years at least so they can be traced, will await to see if this is implemented in future releases :)