Again Integer table

aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
Suppose i have made a form.
i have connected that form with the integer table.

Now the question is would i be able to see the contents of that table by any means?

where the data is actually going wen i enter in the form---is it in the buffer??

Comments

• BgestelBgestel Member Posts: 136
    If you did try to do it , you would see the content of the integer table in the form.

You would not be able te modify , insert, delete or rename the records because it is a read only , virtual table

It is build up at run time
    ** SI ** Bert Van Gestel **
  • kujukuju Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 62
    Are you trying to show a temp table and do not want it to commit changes or do you want absolutely modify the table?

I assume you are not working on showing the integer table?
    Dynamics Rules!
  • aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
    kuju wrote:
    Are you trying to show a temp table and do not want it to commit changes or do you want absolutely modify the table?

I assume you are not working on showing the integer table?

I just want to know the concept of temp table.
    because if we want to save the space in some cases temp table can help.
    Suppose i have created a field in the form and i want some user to enter data in the runtime in it so there i can use temp table to store the data so that my database wont get affected.

Now my question is that ,,IF required can we see the contents of the temp table?
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    A temp-table only holds the data in memory. When the object is finished, this data is gone. So you can't use it to store data in the database and save space, as no data is written to the database.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
    A temp-table only holds the data in memory. When the object is finished, this data is gone. So you can't use it to store data in the database and save space, as no data is written to the database.

ok
    Thanx