Default DATA

dollarinsatiabledollarinsatiable Member Posts: 31
Now that i have analyzed the client's requirement.
I have installed the software at the client site.
Now i am starting with the Cronus Database.
Is it right??

I mean i have installed navision 4.0,SP3 with cronus DB.
I have created the new company(In the name of the client's company).
Now do i have to create posting groups and other setups in this company or what?

Comments

• ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Hello and welcome to mibuso, :)

This is a little strange question to ask in a forum... I guess it is your first project?

Anyway, yes... You must create all the setup your customer needs to work... In case you don't need the cronus company as a reference, delete it...

I recommend that you create two companies, one for productive and one for test, that way you can test what you setup and have a company that works and does not have any posted entries to use a go-live, but you must keep in mind to update both databases with your setup changes or object changes...

IMHO you have created the database on the client site very early...

We usually deploy when we are almost ready and need some testing to do because the customer might start asking questions about new implementations or extra customizations outside of the blueprint...

Good luck with your customer... :)
  • dollarinsatiabledollarinsatiable Member Posts: 31
    In the new company ,there is no list of the chart of accounts.
    Shall i export(using dataport) from the cronus company and then import(using dataport),or there's any other way of doing that?
  • qkambaleqkambale Member Posts: 37
    Hi,
    Seems UR VERY New in Navision.
    The List of Chart of Account solely depends on your client.
    It is not necessarily a must that you use the one that is provided with the CRONUS company.
    Try liaise with your client and their accounting team to find how they usually provide or output their accounting reports.
    this usually varies from country to country and the standards used in financial accounting practices.It is BEST that you get in touch with your client to get a clearer picture.
    Alternatively,you may ask your client to provide you with their most recent audit of accounts where you can compare and see if what they have is what you want to capture in the system.this might help you alot.
    That way,you will have a clear picture of what they capture or would want to capture in the near future and you can incorporate it in your development.
    All the best man!!
    Regards
  • Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    I agree. You absolutly have to work witht he Accountant at teh client to get teh chart of accounts setup. The actual process normally works along the lines of looking at the current Chart of accounts they are using. Confirming that it is still valid for them. Identifying any accounts you may need for NAV that arn't there and add them in.

This way when you come to post opeing balances etc to teh CoA you will be able to map it far more easily than attempting to just go with the CRONUS accounts.

ian
    Regards

Ian
  • selece28selece28 Member Posts: 316
    Hello, if i may give a suggestion.
    Please take time to talk with the client about their needs and test your setup before implementing to client site.
    I have my own experience in this, if we force to implement in a hurry without testing, it will only gives us more troubles ahead.

Just sharing my experience though.
    Good luck with your client.

Regards,
    Steven
  • David_CoxDavid_Cox Member Posts: 509
    I agree with the other here, Data is the clients responsibility, for small amounts, encourage the client to set these up by hand, with your implementors guidance, it will give them the knowledge of where to find the setups and what they need to enter and do.

Use training sessions to enter the static data, setups etc:

For larger sets of data, use dataports validating the data as it comes in, reject the whole file if data is bad, here again the Client should be responsible for providing the clean data including posting group data.

Customer, Vendor, Items and G/L Opening Balances, help the client to get the data into the journals, but make them responsible for checking all lines via audit, and then posting the data themself.

If you take responsibility for the Clients data it could come back to haunt you if it goes wrong.

Quite often it takes longer and is more costly to the client if you write a dataport for say 50 Orders, than the clients staff entering these by hand "as part of training".

David
    Analyst Developer with over 17 years Navision, Contract Status - Busy
    Mobile: +44(0)7854 842801
    Email: david.cox@adeptris.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Adeptris