Analysis view entry shows details for another transaction.

Edward_BloomfieldEdward_Bloomfield Member Posts: 155
Hi!

We have just encountered this puzzling analysis view entry issue:

One of our 3.70A clients reported that an anticipated value was not appearing in the view for a certain account in the Analysis by Dimensions window for one of their analysis views. Strangely the other side of the transaction for the other account was showing up. They re-ran the update, but it made no difference (Auto update on posting was turned off).

Even more oddly they could see the relevant transaction in two other analysis views.

Looking at the Analysis View Entry table, filtering on the relevant G/L Entry number, I found three records. Two were correct, with the right G/L Account code, the right dimension, the right amount and posting date.

The third one is very, very wrong. It has the same G/L Entry no. but the G/L Account number is not one that refers to the relevant transaction. The Posting Date and Amounts are different and the dimension is blank. Indeed there is a record, but there are no dimensions at all on it.

How is it possible for an Analysis View Entry to be created for one G/L Entry with the details of another? I have tried to find the other entry that the details might refer to, but there are several transactions for the other posting date for that account and that value.

On a test copy of the database, I wiped out the entire Analysis View Entry history for that Analysis View and deleted the "Last Entry No." field in the Analysis View and re-ran the update from the beginning. This fixed the data and it now shows the right entry details, but we would like to know why so we may fix this.

Many thanks in advance.
Edward Bloomfield

Lead Consultant
Theta

Comments