Item expiry date calculation

krvenkatakrvenkata Member Posts: 154
Hi

I had created an item in item card with Item Tracking code as EXP and in the expiry date calculation, i had given the value as 1Y (1 year).

Now in the sales order, when i went to the item tracking lines, i can see the expiry date disabled with blank. I am not getting the expiration date populated based on the date.

How to do it or should i be able to enter the expiration date manually? Am i doing the correct process?

I am sure that unless the expiry date is populated, we will not be able to replenish the stock of FEFO basis? Can anyone handled expiry of items? If yes, can you let me know the process of doing it?

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    My memory tells me this is the expiry date of the item inbound. As theoretically this is not necessarily "your" expiry of the outbound transaction when you issue it you need to defne it manually. Navision also does not issue stock on a FEFO basis, although this is in version 5 (5.1?) I believe, so maybe expiry on outbound transactions is as well.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • krvenkatakrvenkata Member Posts: 154
    The whole purpose of entering the Expiration date in Inbound transactions is to issue materials on FEFO basis during sales transaction. If that is missing, what is the fun in entering during receipt. Is it only to take item expiry report.

Atleast there should be a provision during sales to display the items on expiry date basis, so that the user carefully picks it.

Any solution available. I am trying in NAV 5.0, still its not working.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    What there should and should not be in Navision is a bone of contention - one thing I can assure you of is prior to 5 there is no concept of issuing outside of the financial arena - so you cannot issue on first expiry.

Of course the beauty of Navision is you can easily make it do what you want, so you will need to develop your solution to "pick" on earliest expiry (not easy to do automatically I am sure) but also display the expiry dates during the sales process (which should be easy) and of course putting the inbound date on the outbound transaction.

Don't shoot the messenger :D
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • krvenkatakrvenkata Member Posts: 154
    Thanks a lot....

Not my real intention to do so :)
  • flfl Member Posts: 184
    In "What’s New in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 − Application Part II" you can find some more detail about FEFO for sales picking. Look into chapter I concerning Item Tracking.

You can get this document if you have access to partnersource or customersource
    Francois
    Consultant-Developper

http://www.CreaChain.com