Options

Microsoft Support (AKA: Where can I find that Update??)

pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
edited 2007-07-09 in General Chat
This post actually started as a reply to one of the numerous posts like this: “Hey, you mention update x for NAV x.x – where can I get that, since I can’t find it on PartnerSource?”. While writing my reply I found that I think the problem deserves a thread and even a poll of it self. Well, first the standard reply:

“Unfortunatly no. Microsoft requires that their partners experience the errors (preferable at a live customer site) and report it to Microsoft before they will admit that they already knew about the error and have made a fix long ago.
Some consultants (maybe as part of the MVP network or because of their partner service agreement?) have access to these “secretly released” updates and are thereby able to prevent their customers experience these errors. Ordinary so-called “Gold Partners” get nothing, until recently we even had to enter credit card information to report an error...
No wonder if small and mid-size partners are evaluating other products with a better support - it is simply not possible to give customers a decent service under these conditions.”

If I sound frustrated - then, well, take a wild guess...

But am I the only one with these feelings?
Regards
Peter

Comments

• Options
    Dave_CintronDave_Cintron Member Posts: 189
    If you log in to PartnerSource and go to Support > Downloads and Updates and select Navision, you will see a list of articles titled "Knowledge Base Articles Added In (Month) (Year)"

These contain numerous fixes released almost daily that are never otherwise mentioned. TO find out about the secret updates you have to keep your eye on the North American Partner News and look for these where they ARE mentioned.
    Dave Cintron
    Dynamics West
    http://www.dynamicswest.com
  • Options
    pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    If you log in to PartnerSource and go to Support > Downloads and Updates and select Navision, you will see a list of articles titled "Knowledge Base Articles Added In (Month) (Year)"
    I can't quite find it from your description, but I know of the lists you mention. But I don't recall having seen one of them with a hotfix to download directly.
    These contain numerous fixes released almost daily that are never otherwise mentioned.
    MS releases so-called Updates which addresses multiple crucial fixes - have you ever found them this way?
    TO find out about the secret updates you have to keep your eye on the North American Partner News and look for these where they ARE mentioned.
    What is the address for the American PartnerSource? I don't see it listed at https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/worldwide/

I get several MS-newsletters from both Denmark and North America already, but never seen anything about Updates.
    Regards
    Peter
  • Options
    ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Hi,

I would like to mention the situation about it regarding my country.

Since we have a lot of country specific additions from the W1, there are numerous occasions that something is changed and I get to know it a lot later and no specific info about it and I have lost a lot of time to find info on partner source. The search usually doesn't work, or return me irrelevant posts. The only way I usually find something is by looking at the "Knowledge Base Articles Added In (Month) (Year)" that Dave mentioned... But even then I must study each post to find out if it relates to my customers or not... But this is like "Reverse Engineering"... ](*,)

I work at an MBS parter and we are MS Gold Parters...
    I wish there would be a newsletter about the updates of the application so that we could update the customers and prevent future errors that sometimes make me work nights to find and correct...
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I don't know if this still works, because I don't have partnersource access at the moment, but this is a link to the page that lists all fixes and updates to 4.0:
    https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase ... -us;934011