Could not load the selected type library.

kirkostaskirkostas Member Posts: 127
I am trying to compile some objects of mine in Navision and for some reason I getting this error message 'Could not load the selected type library.'
Can someone explain it to me?

Thanks.
kirkostas

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    That usually means that one of the automation variables is not registered. Open the globals window and check all of them. The ones that are not right will say something like 'unknown automation server'
  • yekedeyekede Member Posts: 96
    Hi All,
    I am into an upgrade process and i'm following the process outlined in the doc of the upgrade toolkit. When i compile all objects in the database, i get the above error message for table 370,5062, etc... Is it compulsory for me to solve this problem before i continue? i mean would this error affect my upgrade process in any way? Thanks for help.
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

It looks like you are trying to compile your objects on a computer that does not have Office and Outlook installed.
    The objects you mention have Automation type variables that interact with Office and Outlook.

To compile those objects you need to have the DLL's registered.
    If you are on a server that does not have these products installed, try connecting to that database from a workstation that does have Office and Outlook.
    Then compile the objects from that workstation.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.