Rounding problem

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
hi all
I want that if no. comes like 1234.56 i want that this no. should look like 1234 I dont want any decimal places.then tell me that whats the solution?
Vikram Dabas
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    ROUND(1234,1,'<')
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• JAYESHJAYESH Member Posts: 290
    You can set decimal places property to 0.

I think it's must be work, it display the format look like 1234.

Thank you...
    JAYESH PATEL
    JAYESH wrote:
    You can set decimal places property to 0.

I think it's must be work, it display the format look like 1234.

Thank you...
    If you put decimal places property to 0, 1234.56 will be 1235 and not 1234.
    In case it is needed, you can use the property and
    ROUND(1234.56,1) for the C/AL.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• austinaustin Member Posts: 191
    Hi Kriki,

I am also getting the same problem. My client wants that rounding in sales invoice report and purchase invoice report to line amount and excise, vat cess....
    But i done this in report level of both.
    In both invoice reports that rigger "on after get record" i write code for rounding.
    It is working very well. But not only in reports that same value has to update in tables and G/L accounts. When u post sales (or) purchase order at that time it has to round and that rounded values has to post related accounts. I am not getting where has to write code and what code i have to write to update that rounded values in table and G/L accounts.
    Please provide solution..........
    please.........................

Thanks and regards
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    austin wrote:
    Hi Kriki,

I am also getting the same problem. My client wants that rounding in sales invoice report and purchase invoice report to line amount and excise, vat cess....
    But i done this in report level of both.
    In both invoice reports that rigger "on after get record" i write code for rounding.
    It is working very well. But not only in reports that same value has to update in tables and G/L accounts. When u post sales (or) purchase order at that time it has to round and that rounded values has to post related accounts. I am not getting where has to write code and what code i have to write to update that rounded values in table and G/L accounts.
    Please provide solution..........
    please.........................

Thanks and regards

Hi,

Writing the rounding values in the reports has no connection to the posting routines. In NAV you have standard functionality to define the various rounding type and the precision for the same.

In any case please donot modify the posting routines for rounding.. you may land up in a big trouble [-X mignt so happen then it lands you in this forum to check for posts on Consistency error :o
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
    Writing the rounding values in the reports has no connection to the posting routines. In NAV you have standard functionality to define the various rounding type and the precision for the same.

In any case please donot modify the posting routines for rounding.. you may land up in a big trouble [-X mignt so happen then it lands you in this forum to check for posts on Consistency error :o
    I agree with both statements!
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

Hi,

I know that rounding values rounding values in the reports has no connection to the posting routines. But for client satisfication temperarly we done that.
    And i am not changing any functionality for rounding.

According to u r sentence of below
    "In NAV you have standard functionality to define the various rounding type and the precision for the same." But it is not working properly. Please provide solution. Please give help
    Please explain how to get that solution..........
    just i am following u r procedure. In the same way do this help also.

Please do this help. It is killing me. Please explain how to post rounded values to tables. Where has to write code .please..............

Thanks
    No need to write code, you can find rounding-values and formats in the currency table and also in the General Ledger setup (for LCY).
    Just change those and your invoices will follow that rule. Of course only invoices created AFTER the changes.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

Hi Kriki,

Again thanks for u r immediate response.

I changed that rounding precisions in G/l setup, in sales set up sales rounding, in purchase set up purchasing rounding.................
    By the way i am using navison 4.0 sp1 version.

I changed every thing acoording to u say and experts say like below

In general ledger setup I fix like this
    Inv.Rounding Precision ---1.00
    Inv.Rounding Type(Lcy)---Nearest
    In sales &receivables set up I put Checkmark in rounding field.
    In purchase set up also I put check mark in rounding field.
    after changed above i create sales order i am getting different values.

Now I am creating sales order I take Item 1720 of cronus item just keep change item price in decimal places
    Qty – 11 Unit Price – 123.56 line amount – 1359.16 in statistics Line amount- 1359.01 sales invoice report – 1359.03

U.P- 123.19 L. A- 1355.09 in statistics Line amount -1355.00 in report- 1355.02
    U.P – 123.21 L.A-1355.31 Statistics L.A – 1355.01 Report-1355.06
    U.P – 123.39 L.A-1355.29 Statistics L.A – 1357.29 Report-1357.06
    U.P – 123.89 L.A-1362.79 Statistics L.A – 1362.99 Report-1362.96

why i am not getting the rounding values to nearset. qwhy i am getting the decimal places with values. Y it is not rounding.
    Why I am getting these differences in sales statistics and report.
    I am not getting where is the problem. How to solve it . Please solve this as early as possible.
    By the way i am using navison 4.0 sp1 version.

Please solve this ...........
    please............ , provide solution..........................

thanks and regards.
    HI

Experts kine, kriki,savage please solve this issueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee................. Do this help.....

Thanks and regards
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Inv.Rounding Precision ---1.00

It means that you haven't adjusted Amount Decimal Places or Unit Amount Decimal Places as 0 in the GL Setup.

I think checking out this could solve your rounding problem.

Ufuk
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
    Hi ,Ufuk,

Thanks for u r help.
    I am working on cronus database 4.0 sp1 version.I want rounding values with nearest value. But u say about decimal places. with that property there is no rounding possibility .

Give some explanation about this rounding what i have to do.

thanks and regards