Credit Memos in Payment Orders

dulamandulaman Member Posts: 73
Hello,

When I create a Payment Order sometimes I need that my Vendors know what credit memo I'm applying to the paid bills. In other words, I have to create a payment order with two bills and a credit memo. Is that possible? How does NAV deal with such a problem?
-- dulaman
"I don't want to believe. I want to know." (Carl Sagan)

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Can you explain a little what is a "payment order"?

If you're creating a payment, the printed check will tell you what invoice and credit memos you're applying to.
  • dulamandulaman Member Posts: 73
    Oops!!! I didn't realize that "Payment Order" is part of a regional (Spanish) module! :oops:

Anyway, a Payment Order is a report that you send to your Vendor. This report contains a list of some bills & invoices & credit memos that you want to pay and to be discounted from that payment.

In that process, you create a special document called payment order ("order del pago" in Spanish). It use to replace the standard check in Spain, where is known as pagare ("I'll Pay").

What Navision offers in this regional module is a form in which you select what documents are going to be included in that Payment order. The problem comes here: you can only select bills & invoices -- but no credit memos!

How this process works in the rest of the world? Can you send a check to your vendor, along with a document explaining what invoices and bills are you paying, and what credit memos are you discounting from that payment?
    -- dulaman
    "I don't want to believe. I want to know." (Carl Sagan)