Return Order

ERIC99ERIC99 Member Posts: 8
Hi ,

I have a purchase order of qty 10 , i fully received of qty 10 through warehouse receipt . I returned qty 2 due to defects by using return order and post the return order.

The GL effect :

during warehouse receipt * part A *
DR inventory interim 10
CR vendor accrual -10

during return order * part B *
CR inventory interim -2
DR vendor accrual 2

during receipt of replacement , system shud reverse from * part B *
DR inventory interim 2
CR vendor accrual -2

When generate invoice for the PO ,
CR inventory interim 10 (reverse from interim) * part A *
DR vendor accrual -10

DR inventory - actual 10
CR vendor -10

If there is a replacement for the returned order of qty 2 , how should i receive it to achieve the GL effect i want ? I can't receive thru PO because the PO already fully received.

Thanks and regards
Eric
:D

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi

The return will generate a credit from the supplier. Therefore you raise a replacement PO and receive and invoice it through this. If the supplier short cuts the process you essentially create your own credit memo and invoice form the transactions and apply them to each other.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • ERIC99ERIC99 Member Posts: 8
    Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

can you elaborate what u mean by If the supplier short cuts the process you essentially create your own credit memo and invoice form the transactions and apply them to each other.

just for curiosity , Can i use item journal to receive it , what will be the impact ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Eric :D
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi

If you use an item journal this is in no way related to the vendor. The transactions are completely different as driven by the posting groups. If you do this the liability to the vendor is wrong, you have invoiced 10, credited 2, your liability is for 8, if they ship you 2 more then your liability is increased and this needs to be reflected to the vendor.

Short cutting the process is where they do not give you the paperwork they should do - the credit and invoice - if you do not get them you should still process this through the system to ensure the reflected position is correct.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen