Different printer for same report in diff. companies

mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
If you have 1 Navision server with 2 companies then how do you assign a default printer for a user per company.

The same report is used in 2 companies, when a users (windows login used) accesses the company 1 this report should print on printer A, when this same user uses the same report in company 2 it should print on printer B.

How can assign this so that a ship and post will print to the correct printer for each company?

Answers

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Table 78 Printer Selection has the property DataPerCompany set to "No". If you change this property to "Yes", you can define the printer settings per report per user per company.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
    Thank you I'll give that a try right away.
    I tried doing this but now I can't enter new printer anymore (Navision 3.7).
    Whatever company I try to add a printer I get the following error when selecting the user drop down:

Overflow under type conversion of Text to Code.

Value: S-1-5-21 .... (long number)
    Ok this is solved, apparently one of the users was not in AD anymore so instead of his username the uid of the user showed up which is to long for the username field in the printer settings form