how to store rounding values in table

austinaustin Member Posts: 191
Hi,

In a sales order u define excise, vat ,cst, cess packing charges, freight&insurance charges, assessable value…….. . How can we round these values to nearest value. When u post sales order these rounding values has to store in table. Iam not getting when u post in which table these excise, vat, cess,frieght, packing will store? How can we slove this issue .What code has to write, where should write, in which table. Please explain this .
If u know please send that code.
Please………………..

thanks

Comments

• diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    You can check the G/L setup for the same, where you specify the rounding type and the precision for the same.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • austinaustin Member Posts: 191
    edited 2007-07-04
    SOLVE THIS ISSUE
    edited 2007-07-05
    Solve this please.............
    Hi,
    I am using Navision 4.0, working on cronus database.

In general ledger setup I fix like this
    Inv.Rounding Precision ---1.00
    Inv.Rounding Type(Lcy)---Nearest
    In sales &receivables set up I put Checkmark in rounding field.
    In purchase set up also I put check mark in rounding field.

Now I am creating sales order I take Item 1720 of cronus item just keep change item price in decimal places
    Qty – 11 Unit Price – 123.56 line amount – 1359.16 in statistics Line amount- 1359.01 sales invoice report – 1359.03

U.P- 123.19 L. A- 1355.09 in statistics Line amount -1355.00 in report- 1355.02
    U.P – 123.21 L.A-1355.31 Statistics L.A – 1355.01 Report-1355.06
    U.P – 123.39 L.A-1355.29 Statistics L.A – 1357.29 Report-1357.06
    U.P – 123.89 L.A-1362.79 Statistics L.A – 1362.99 Report-1362.96

why i am not getting the rounding values to nearset. qwhy i am getting the decimal places with values. Y it is not rounding.
    Why I am getting these differences in sales statistics and report.
    I am not getting where is the problem. How to solve it . Please solve this as early as possible.

Thanks and regards
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Try to do the same activity without using any rounding precision and Invoice rounding.

I beleive you will still have this issue that it will show different amounts in the statistics and report. Do let us know your findings.

In MS Dynamics NAV, the tax amount is automatically rounded off...I will let you know the story..but first let us know what is your finding.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
    Hi diptish.naskar,

Fisrt of all i would like to special thanks to u for u r response.
    At first i dont know how to round values. After u sent solution to me according to that i changed in that G/L setup/ Sales Setup/ Purchase Setup. I got the results above waht i define.
    Again according to u r answer i done like this.I got this result.
    Without using any rounding precision and Invoice rounding , i am getting the same values what i have in sales order. when using rounding i am getting the values with rounding to nearest. By the way, i want to say one thing, we are iamplementing navision 4.0 sp1 . That client wants round the values to nearest in sales invoice report and purchase invoice report, and same values what we will get in both reports has to update in related tables and accounts.
    So Please provide solution how to solve this issue. I am telling one thing that rounding precision in G/L setup is not working properly.

I need help to round this values.Please provide solution as early as possible.

thanks and regards
  • todrotodro Member Posts: 117
    austin wrote:
    Hi,
    I am using Navision 4.0, working on cronus database.

In general ledger setup I fix like this
    Inv.Rounding Precision ---1.00
    Inv.Rounding Type(Lcy)---Nearest
    In sales &receivables set up I put Checkmark in rounding field.
    In purchase set up also I put check mark in rounding field.

Now I am creating sales order I take Item 1720 of cronus item just keep change item price in decimal places
    Qty – 11 Unit Price – 123.56 line amount – 1359.16 in statistics Line amount- 1359.01 sales invoice report – 1359.03

U.P- 123.19 L. A- 1355.09 in statistics Line amount -1355.00 in report- 1355.02
    U.P – 123.21 L.A-1355.31 Statistics L.A – 1355.01 Report-1355.06
    U.P – 123.39 L.A-1355.29 Statistics L.A – 1357.29 Report-1357.06
    U.P – 123.89 L.A-1362.79 Statistics L.A – 1362.99 Report-1362.96

why i am not getting the rounding values to nearset. qwhy i am getting the decimal places with values. Y it is not rounding.
    Why I am getting these differences in sales statistics and report.
    I am not getting where is the problem. How to solve it . Please solve this as early as possible.

Thanks and regards
    did you change the two fields Amount Rounding Precision and Unit-Amount Rounding Precision, too ? They are also in General Ledger Setup but hidden.
    Torsten
    MCP+I, MCSE NT, Navision MCT (2004,2005)