Disable item tracking

FommoFommo Member Posts: 138
Hi there

I recently made an upgrade from 2.60MFG to NAV 4.0 SP3.
I their old data they had lot number specified for some produced articles, and I guess that is why the Upgrade tool have specified Item Tracking Code LOTALL for the item.
The problem is that they don't want item tracking and now I can't disable (remove LOTALL) from the items since there are transactions connected to it.

What can I do? I get a failure every time the item is used in journals, invoices and orders saying that lot number must be specified.

Comments

• FommoFommo Member Posts: 138
    I guess to be short my question is how do I change item tracking code on an item with existing transactions?

Can I disable the transaction check in the code to allow the change for future transactions or would that made the system instable?
  • darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    i have the same problem
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
  • modricmodric Member Posts: 42
    If Item in question has zero stock, no pending Purchases/Sales/Reservations etc, Item Tracking can be turned off by "brute force" using DEV license...

BUT! The consequences of doing so may be unpredictable, so in general it has been advised here in previous postings to create a new Item w/o Item tracing set. This can be done anytime, even if stock is not zero - then you need to update the QTY`ies through Item Journal.

Although, if you have numerous Items to change, its a time-consuming process, besides, it breaks your Item coding principles, if such are established and must be used...
    Modris Ivans
    MCP, Dynamics NAV - Application
  • darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    Hi...

has anybody forcefully removed or chaged the Item tracking policy??

actually I have done this activity in my clients test database. I have forcefully removed the Item Tracking policy for all the sales items.

Latter i had tested all the scenarios with those items, And i hav not found
    any problem. But yet we have not implemented it on live database.

There are some steps which we have to follow.
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan