NAS Installation

aniruddha_majumdaraniruddha_majumdar Member Posts: 57
Hi,

While trying to Install NAS in Windows XP Professional, it is getting strucked after Installing the following services [MachineName]-Classic and [machinename]-SQL. Also the services required to be reinstalled after every restart of Operating System.

I am getting the console of NAS.But its functioning also required Installation of NAS after every restart of OS.

Please answer if anyone is having any solution.

Regards,
Aniruddha #-o
Thanks & Regards,
Aniruddha

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    To install a NAS, I always install the first with the installation procedure to have all registry ok.
    Then I disable them, copy the subdir to some other place and use a batch to install them:
    NASSUBDIR\nassql.exe appservername=SOMENASNAME, NETTYPE=TCP, servername=THESQLSERVER, database=THEDB, company="The Company",  startupparameter=THESTARTUPPARAMETER, objectcache=20000,installasservice

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• FommoFommo Member Posts: 138
    kriki wrote:
    To install a NAS, I always install the first with the installation procedure to have all registry ok.

I just want to confirm above. I've tried some installations changing the name of the server during installation, but I've never got it to work. Now I always do the standard installation and then I use option command "uninstallasservice" to get rid of the classic and sql services. Then I use the suggested script to install the necessary services with the names I want. I has worked perfectly every time.

I don't know why the standard installations never work, but as long as it is easy to get it working it's fine for me.
  • aniruddha_majumdaraniruddha_majumdar Member Posts: 57
    Its working the same way as mentioned by you.The problem is that I am not getting the MMC.

Regards,
    Aniruddha
    Thanks & Regards,
    Aniruddha
  • rkaufmannrkaufmann Member Posts: 71
    Have you .NET-Framework 1.1 and .NET-Framework 2.0 installed on the machine where you want to install NAS?

I encountered also problems when installing NAS, the installation procedure did not finish.

For me it helped to install both .NET-Framework 1.1 and .NET-Framework 2.0 and all updates for them, prior to the installation of NAS.
    Thanks Let me try on that.

Regards,
    Aniruddha
    Thanks & Regards,
    Aniruddha
    Dear rkaufmann,

Thanks for ur reply.. its working.

Regards,
    aniruddha
    Thanks & Regards,