Manufacturing Process involving Multiple Locations.

sachinsanghavisachinsanghavi Member Posts: 38
Hi,

I have a Manufacturing production scenario which i need to implement in navision.

The Finished Goods (FG) are dispatched from location D. To manufacture FG it has to pass through 3 process. I also need to maintain stock at each process so i have created multiple items for each process. Due to this the tree structure look as below:
FG --> SFG3 --> SFG2--> SFG1 --> RM
This means to produce FG i require SFG3 and to produce SFG3 i require SFG2 and to product SFG2 i require SFG1 and SFG1 is produced using RM.

The FG is to be produced at Location "D"
SFG3 is produced at Location "C"
SFG2 is produced at Location "B"
SFG1 is produced at Location "A"
RM Is stocked at Location "S"

All the FG & SFG items are make to order and it has the replineshment method as "Prod Order" and RM has replineshment method as "Purchase"

Now if i raise the Sales order for FG at location "D" and then via order planning Or Planning worksheet create Firm Plan production order all the sub items are produced and consumed at location "D". But that is what i do not want. If i try to change the location in the firm plan production order it gives an error stating that i can not do that as the qty have been reserved.

Can any body assist me on this issue.

Regards,
Sachin Sanghavi.

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi

You will need to set up SKU's per item and set these up appropriately, using the Components at Location to create the consumption and demand at separate locations.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • sachinsanghavisachinsanghavi Member Posts: 38
    Thanks AdamRoue,

But thing that you are telling is only possible when you know which location will produce what. If the client's process location changes each time then how is this possible?

Regards
    Sachin.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi

You will need to develop a solution I am afraid, Navision can create staitc relationships, demand pulling etc, but you are asking it to blow through 4 demand levels with what seems like a random choice of locations depending upon a whim!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • sachinsanghavisachinsanghavi Member Posts: 38
    Thanks AdamRoue for your time.