tab level permission in a form

ameenameen Member Posts: 217
Hi,

In customer card , vendorcard, item card,......... u have many tabs.
Is there any chance to give tab level permissions.
We can give form level permission that is one way. But i want tab level pemission.

could any body help on this issue?

regards
ameen

Comments

• Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    It's not possible to do tab level security but as a work around you can make all the fields on the tab not visable based on a Role. The tab is still there but nothing is displayed, I have even had it set up so that there is a text box that says 'You don not have the correct permission for this tab. Please contact you system administor if you need your permissions changing' which is set to be visable when the other fields are hidden.

Its takes a bit of setting up but it is the only work around I have found.

Ian
    Regards

Ian
  • ameenameen Member Posts: 217
    Hi Ian,

Thanks for u r answer. I could not under stand what u explained . Could u explain detail.

thanks and regards
    ameen
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    You can program Navision so it gives field level security.

You can also purchase field level security as an addon from a company called Lanham & Associates. However, it's probably easier if you do it yourself.

Search field security and you'll get a lot of results explaining how to do this.
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    In Navision, we donot have an out of the box solution for the tab level security control. But you can customize the same based on your needs, as Alex said you can also use the field level security that is available in NAV.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • ameenameen Member Posts: 217
    Hi diptish.naskar,

Thanks for u r answer.

In u r answer u told we can do customization based on our needs.

If u know can u explain how can we do this. What is the code , where we have to write. please send code .Please do this help. It's killing me..........
    please................

regards
    ameen