Performing Physical Count

BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
Hi,

I have read on the Online Help about performing Physical Inventory Count.

It is mentioned that we can use the Physical Inventory Journal for this purpose by using the Calculate Inventory function.

Then after performing the physical count, we come to the physical inventory journal and enter the physical quantity on hand in the Qty.(Phys. Inventory) field. Do we need to enter this manually for all the items on the physical inventory journal lines?

Also, why do we have an Entry Type for each line in the Physical Inventory Journal?

What next then? How does the system make adjustments for variances?

This is an urgent issue, can someone please help me to sort this out?

I would be very grateful.

Kind Regards,
Beatrice.

Comments

• NRNR Member Posts: 78
    1. The physical qty. should be entered manually. But, that can be time consuming. An option to it is to use a dataport to import the physical quantity.

2. The entry type is populated automatically when the "Calc. Inventory batch" is run . It need not be changed in the physical inventory journal as the system takes care of it and posts difference entries based on the actual inventory and inventory in the system.

3. The system passes positive/negative item ledger entries based on quantities.
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Do we need to enter this manually for all the items on the physical inventory journal lines?

Yes, it's a physical inventory :)

why do we have an Entry Type for each line in the Physical Inventory Journal? In Physical Inventory you can't change that

How does the system make adjustments for variances?
    It create a new line for each variant

What next then?
    Depends if you are using advanced warehouse or not. You might have to adjust warehouse entries to item ledger entries. In online help explain this process quite well.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
    Hi,

Thanks very much.

So to confirm, after I fill in the Qty(Phys. Inventory) field, I post the physical inventory journals, system will make the necessary adjustments to the item quantities.

Please confirm.

Rgds,
    Beatrice.
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    yes,

Are you using advanced WMS ?
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
    No we are not using Advanced Warehouse Management System.

Thanks very much.

Kind Regards,
    Beatrice.
  • emulsifiedemulsified Member Posts: 139
    Okay. I want to make sure that I understand this correctly.

Here is my situation:
      I have a PHYSICAL INVENTORY COUNT that was performed on 01/30/2010. We have negative quantities in our inventory. We have actively used Navision, selling and receiving items in from purchase orders.

How do I post these PHYSICAL COUNTS into Navision correctly?
    Do I just use a DATAPORT with my EXCEL sheet and make the POSTING DATE the date of my PHYSICAL INVENTORY COUNT (01/30/2010)?
    What about ENTRY TYPE and DOCUMENT NO., what should they be?
    Also, how is my problem fixed for items that we did not have a count for like 0 or negative?

Much help is appreciated, Navision documentation is very unclear on the specific effects.

Thank you.
    Half-empy or half-full how do you view your database?

Thanks.