How to convert guest account to super account in navision???

kishi_gkishi_g Member Posts: 162
I have one navision native database. I access tht database as a guest. now i want to access as a super.
becaz i dont have permission with guest user id to access object designer and designing form & tables. I dont have permission roles and database logins and backup also. how can i convert tht guest to super????

Is it possible???? share ur thoughts....

Thanks & Regards,
kishore...

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Just super user can change the roles you have. It is impossible to change own permissions as "guest" (limited access). [-(
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    kine wrote:
    Just super user can change the roles you have. It is impossible to change own permissions as "guest" (limited access). [-(

Hehhhhh... :roll:
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Can you just share with us is this a native DB or a SQL db?
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • kishi_gkishi_g Member Posts: 162
    It is native DB
  • BgestelBgestel Member Posts: 136
    can you make a backup using the guest account
    ** SI ** Bert Van Gestel **
    In guest account dont have backup & roles & DB users access...
  • BgestelBgestel Member Posts: 136
    Then you are in a very unlucky situation.

If you need a small part off the code you can try retrieving it using the debugger or code coverage ( if available)

In earlier versions of nav you could call the support center for a key but i think they stopped that service due to security issues.

Succes
    ** SI ** Bert Van Gestel **
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Then you can just try, just check if you do have an access to the object designer and if you do have permission to create a process only report. If you donot have any right, I beleive then you again come to square 1 ...TRY :-k
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
    I heard to create user without knowing user id and password. one process
    is there to open database without knowing user id and password. But I dont know how to do tht???

Any body have idea on tht????? :-k